Tesla Model III (3, Three) $35k

Announcement tonight for you pre-order guys: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/788794291900469248
@Paulo @King

I did also for shits and giggles. I’d have to look up what number I was.

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. Eight surround cameras provide 360 degree visibility around the car at up to 250 meters of range. Twelve updated ultrasonic sensors complement this vision, allowing for detection of both hard and soft objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system. A forward-facing radar with enhanced processing provides additional data about the world on a redundant wavelength, capable of seeing through heavy rain, fog, dust and even the car ahead.

To make sense of all of this data, a new onboard computer with more than 40 times the computing power of the previous generation runs the new Tesla-developed neural net for vision, sonar and radar processing software. Together, this system provides a view of the world that a driver alone cannot access, seeing in every direction simultaneously and on wavelengths that go far beyond the human senses.

So I can 100% nap when I drive to Rochester! Awesome.

Sounds like it will have the new Nvidia Drive PX2 GPU.

I think a new front bumper would make this thing way better looking. I’m not sure I want a pure electric car, hell I often don’t think my crew cab diesel 3/4 ton truck isn’t enough.

wtf do you care haha. you’ve got 50 cars. you can have one super nice new warrantied electric one that drives itself - AND a gas guzzling loud MT car…get the tesla in P100D and it’ll be faster than all the other cars too!

There is no way it’s faster than my corvette and after this winter the viper will be my fastest car. Not a single part of me wants a car that drives itself. I hate the grannies that are on cars already. Hell I have to pull a damn fuse to turn off my Silverado’s traction control in winter already. Might be fun to get one and hack it though.

Im down to 10 cars, 1 motorcycle and 2 snowmobiles now.

Do tell.

My old 73’ triumph

More info on this?? Not that I have any intention of going any further with mine, but I’d be interested to hear your plans.

the P90Ds w/ ludicrous mode already accelerate faster than nearly everything - even in the Model X SUV…

those P100D Model S are the fastest production car in history - this vette is going to accelerate faster than veyrons, mclaren P1s, porsche 918s, etc?
damn!

The P100D runs a 10.7 in the 1/4 so yes his other cars are probably faster…

It’s the fastest production car in 0-60 or at least in the top 5…Not 1/4 mile or anything else.

The viper is going heads, cam, blower, e85. Gen 3 heads done by greg good in houston, custom spec’d cam by greg for the forged 8.0L. Revised engine cooling, sheet metal intake manifold, supporting mods blah blah I’m shooting for ~850-900 on low boost 93 tune.

My Corvette makes 57x whp na and has a 300 shot progressive and a 150 plate kit on top, I’m fairly positive she’ll hold her own.

I haven’t ran the 1/4 mile yet, but I’m planning on running way more events next year. Have you gotten the mustang out yet?

Nope still resolving some stuff.

I think the plan right now is grab a C6 Z mid summer or a Coyote mustang.

if you’re spending money grab a z28 camaro for ~38K

Not into them :frowning:

understandable

One especially notable missing parts were vents. Pretty much every car has a set of dashboard-mounted vents to pump that sweet, sweet conditioned air into the car. Cool or hot air at your command – it’s one of the triumphs of modern motoring, right? So where are the vents?

Initially, I assumed that the dash design just didn’t have them yet because Tesla hadn’t finished designing them. According to our source, I was wrong:

“…the A/C system uses the entire width of the dash to blow air from a centrally mounted fan.”

Now that is interesting. Mildly interesting, sure, but interesting all the same. The dashboard may actually stay vent-free, and the operation of the HVAC air-blowing system seems to be similar to one of those Dyson bladeless fans that actually has blades, they’re just hidden deep inside.

that doesnt seem particularly post worthy