Tesla Model III (3, Three) $35k

Fair & balanced. This is still kinda a car forum, lol.

lol :clap:

I like vents, I wonder if they can do dual/multiple zones with ease? Shouldn’t be hard to do really. I want my toes crispy hot in the winter though.

cant i just have mine already?!

some of the comments in the article have people whining about wanting the option to blast the heat or AC to quickly cool/heat the car when you get in…

let us not forget these cars can maintain temperatures all of the time automatically to your liking, and you can adjust the temperature any time you want before you get in from the app.

the future is here.

also heres a more recent interior image w/out the horrible 2spoke steering wheel shown in the article…

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/model-3-cabin-original.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&strip=all

thank god they got rid of that original steering wheel

Won’t have 100kw battery, the wheelbase is too short: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/829002643947167744

the much-anticipated Model 3 electric sedan remains on schedule, as Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk closes in on his pursuit of more mainstream car buyers.

The electric-car maker expects to deliver as many as 50,000 vehicles in the first half of the year and still sees Model 3 production starting in July, according to a letter to shareholders Wednesday.

That interior looks like something someone would make in their garage and an ipad, just done with better materials.

Yeah the interior is getting a lot of heat. I’m not a big fan of how ‘bare’ it is. Have we seen anything official about that being the final design?

Gotta save costs someplace to make it affordable for the masses.

https://youtu.be/yH7oBcRwymY

Standard Model 3

$35,000 starting price
220 mile range
0-60 in 5.6 seconds
130 mph top speed
Supercharging rate: 130 miles in 30 minutes
Home charging rate: 30 miles of range per hour (240V outlet, 32A)
Long Range Model 3

$44,000 starting price
310 mile range
0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds
140 mph top speed
Supercharging rate: 170 miles in 30 minutes
Home charging rate: 37 miles of range per hour (240V outlet, 40A)

Also

Colors

Solid Black: Standard
Midnight Silver Metallic: $1,000
Deep Blue Metallic: $1,000
Silver Metallic: $1,000
Pearl White Multi-Coat: $1,000
Red Multi-Coat: $1,000
Wheels

18” Aero: Standard
19” Sport: $1,500
Premium Upgrades Package - $5,000
Upgraded interior with additional features and premium materials.

Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles
Premium audio system with more power, tweeters, surround speakers and subwoofer
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
LED fog lamps
Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones
Enhanced Autopilot - $5,000
Model 3 will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway and self-park at your destination.

Additional features will roll out over time through software updates.

Full Self-Driving Capability - $3,000 (requires Enhanced Autopilot)
In the future, Model 3 will be capable of conducting trips with no action required by the person in the driver’s seat.

This feature is dependent upon extensive software validation and regulatory approval, which may vary by jurisdiction.

Dimensions & Weight

Length: 184.8”
Width: 72.8” (76.1” with mirrors folded)
Height: 56.8”
Wheelbase: 113.2”
Track (wheel center): 62.2” front and rear
Ground clearance: 5.5”
Head room, standard: 39.6” front row, 37.7” second row
Head room, glass roof: 40.3” front row, 37.7” second row
Leg room: 42.7” front row, 35.2” second row
Shoulder room: 56.3” front row, 54.0” second row
Hip room: 53.4” front row, 52.4” second row
Seating capacity: 5 adults
Luggage capacity: 15 cubic feet
Curb weight:
3549 lbs. (Model 3)3814 lbs. (Model 3 Long Range)
Weight distribution:
47% front, 53% rear (Model 3)48% front, 52% rear (Model 3 Long Range)

Humm…

They are going to sell a ton of these at this pricepoint.

Launched without a radio function, over the air update coming

Also not available at this time:

-Autonomous Emergency Braking
-Voice control/speech recognition

Will be available via OTA updates.

Finally got some delivery estimates for my reservation. It’s broken down by what version I want.

RWD Extended Range with Premium package
Dec '17 - Feb '18
**Now Jan - Mar 2018

RWD Standard (This is the $35k base model)
Feb '18 - Apr '18
**Now ‘Early 2018’

AWD with any options. I have not seen the upcharge for AWD announced, but I’m sure it won’t be cheap.
Aug '18 - Oct '18
**Now Sept - Nov 2018

I’m not sure I can justify the cost for AWD since I won’t be driving it through winters. Tie this in with the risk of not getting the federal rebate of $7500 and it’s even worse. I put mine in for RWD with premium options which can be deferred without losing your spot in line.

I read and watched reviews on rwd Model s in the snow and people were raving about it. Saying because the motor can start and stop wheel so fast that it helps with traction. I would think a set of blizzaks and it would be really good in the snow.

I drove my 335i in the snow with good tires and never had a problem. Definitely not concerned with traction, just don’t want it getting raped by NY salt.

I know @King backed out of this order. The costs start getting real high quickly as you add options.

The guy at the dealership in Toronto was telling me how well they do in the snow, and how customers loved it. But I don’t have first hand experience. This was before the dual motor was out.

I know I’ve seen several Model S single motor cars in Buffalo over the winter, especially downtown.

From what I’ve seen on the YouTube, RWD Model S’ do pretty well in winter conditions, surprisingly well.