The Tesla Roadster: Electric and FAST

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1

that’s kinda cool but I figured you’d get more out of once charge than 250 miles. Weaksauce IMO…

yeah… that is a little weak… but having somekind of residual charging system would be sweet though

Thats pretty cool

Electric motors make tons of low end torque even before being multiplied by the transmission.

I think it’s cool.

good find, 250 miles per charge is a lil low but hey 135mpg equivalent is very impressive
car is cool, but i rather have ariel atom electric now that shit is rocket and cool looking 2/
and not to mention they got some track package that makes it look just like a mini f1.

edit: found link for atom clip doing 0-60 in 3 seconds :smiley:

If you read their website it says that most 100% electric cars only get 60 miles per charge. 250 isn’t bad. Thats enough to get me through a week and a half of driving. Actually, come to think of it, I don’t get much more than that on a tank in the WRX.

Anyone know the price tag? And save some money, charging it at Mighty to FTW. LOL

^ I’m sure they aren’t cheap.at all.

since it’s 100% electric, there wouldn’t be a MPG rating because it doesn’t use any “gallons” of anything

0-60 in 4 seconds with an electric car?
I remember reading numbers like that 25 years ago.:gotme:
Torque FTW.

It is ironic that they are called Tesla though.:biglaugh:

One other thing…
Where the hell is the company?
I couldn’t easily find their location.:gotme:

I would just like to know how long it takes the car to charge, i’m sure it can’t be quick

pretty cool

250 miles is actually really impressive for an ev.

Most of the people that are converting there cars to electric are averaging 40-90 miles

250 miles is incredible for an electric. Think about it, how often do you just drive 250 miles in one day? Obv. you arent going to be taking road trips with this thing. Its enough to get you to rochestor and back, PLUS some.

Tesla Motors
1050 Bing Street
San Carlos, California 94070
(650) 413-4000

having all the torque at 0rpm has gotta be weird

over 130 mph top speed… i would love that car, 1 cent per mile is mega cheap

250 miles isnt bad. considering that I took my civic to syracuse, autoxed, and back for 250miles and the gas light went on. I’d rather get the electric car and have it be faster :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.teslamotors.com/images/content/motor_torque_curve.gif

looks like a integra gsr tq curve :lol: