test drove srt8 challenger AND!

My challenger looks like a mirror. Lexus and toyotas paint still is amazing. But from bmw i did not see this comming. Also i noticed that the g8’s are done really nice, even under the hood, but all there gm brothers and sisters look like crap.
Very little orange peel on my car.

Even under the hood is all glossy

def a great looking, car, and the car we took out had the gas light on, maybe it needed some gas or someone didnt put premium in it =/

i love my car, but i did also drive an srt8 6 speed and it was a blast also. The best part is there is no limit the car keeps going and going, but i wouldent know…

look at the vertical line on the hood pic and you can see a ton of orange peel… it’s still better than I would expect from a domestic…

the reason most paint is looking worse these days is because of the things they have to do for environmental reasons and not really that companies are getting cheap.

good god that thing is sexy, i wouldn’t care if they were completley lifeless and topped out at 25 mph, I fuckin want one

Yes, even that “type of neon” can out handle a Challenger and many, many other cars that cost 3x as much or even more.

:picard:
That’s comparing apples and oranges buddy, I wouldn’t say it sucks to own an SRT8 just because it can’t out handle a way lighter FWD car in the corners.

You missed half!!! I like the challenger, it is heavy though, i never test drove it but from what i have read it doesnt handle well! Now kool the Neon can go around turns 5mph faster. Im not making fun of the challenger i really like them, wish they were a bit lighter.

I was also being sarcastic

Meh, neons are gay :mamoru:

Even if its a battleship, the new challenger is cool, i just skimmed through the thread, but are we really comparing the challenger, M3 and neon? :lol:

no, read the thread :spank:

:picard:

And i never started the comparison. :banghead: :picard:

i personally love chargers, its probably the only dodge i would consider buying at all

they are very nice cars for the money, and pretty quick when you turn off the button thing lol

I :lol:ed at him saying his paint is great and posting pics showing orange peel

I rented a white one in NC when I was visiting there and this was the review I sent my buddy at Chrysler:
“It looks like the SE model has the V6 with the 4 speed. Which wasn’t really my complaint since I expected this model to not be response to a skinny pedal depreciation.
The interior was nothing to write home about, but again that was expected at this price point.
The steering and handling were my greatest complaint. Maybe it is the wide body and long nose but driving/parking was a complete mess. I think the turning circle in that thing would be a quarter mile. It is the first car ever that I was seriously second guessing if I should have taken the insurance from the rental company. City driving and tight parking were horrible.
Maybe the nicer models have a different steering box and better suspension but that thing was a mess.
The car does draw attention though, I had 3 people try to race me, and at least another 10 give a thumbs up, throw a rev, or say nice car in a 3 day rental.”

Plus it got 20+ mpg after giving it a rental car beating.

Edit for bad pic of the rental:

http://ronoversiii.com/Images/whitecar.JPG