Thank You City Of Tonawanda Police Dept.

First off the cops around here have always been good to me. They wave when they drive by, they stop in just to chat at times, and let me skate on parking issues all the time. I have gotten to know many of them on a first name basis and they always seem to keep an eye on things here for me at night. Just good people all around people.

So I woke up this morning to a voicemail from the Tonawanda Police. They said that they had found some people stealing wheels off of vehicles in my lot. When I got to the police station I asked what had happened. Turns out they did not catch them on my lot stealing the wheels. Around 3:30am they pulled over a early 2000's silver Suzuki XL7 SUV in a routine traffic stop.  

During the stop the officer noticed a set of BMW ///M wheels in the back of the SUV. The 2 occupants (21yr old Carlos Torres) and (33yr old William Ortiz) of the city of Buffalo were then asked: “Where are the wheels from?”… they replied, “We picked them from the junk yard earlier today.”…

Now as I mentioned before the cops around here know me, and my lot…

The Officer replied "So… If I were to go over to 294 Fletcher I wouldn’t find any BMW’s missing wheels???..

The suspects then broke down and admitted to him what they had done. They were arrested and I now have wheels back on my car.

Long story short, the Tonawanda Police Dept saved me easily over a grand on wheels and tires, all because they took the time to put 2 and 2 together that 2 guys from the west side of buffalo with no business in Tonawanda rolling around with BMW wheels might be up to no good.

Thanks. :bigtup: Tonawnda Police Dept.

Real Police work, it still exists!!!

Very cool. Hopefully you have cameras on the lot too.

Yeah theyre not bad. I’ve had many tickets in Ton but they always treat me with respect (maybe because I am getting older…) and twice they have busted people breaking into cars/homes on my street. One time doing actual detective work to find the scumbag hiding in a shed.

I live on a small, quiet, tucked away side street in the city but we have been having trouble since the pool warehouse on Main st. opened up. It seems only gangsta/thug types will work for whatever garbage wage theyre paying and they all cut down my street to hit the bus stop. Apparently some of them were scoping marks on their way to the bus stop. Two of them acted.

fuck yeah.

I was really hoping this was a good thread.

I was afraid it was going to turn in to another “all cops are dicks in the end” thread.
Thumbs up to the boys in blue there.
Write a letter to the chief over there saying how much you appreciate it? The officer could have easily let them go without questioning it. Have cameras on your lot? Or do you plan on getting them? relatively small DIY expense in comparison to what it could end up saving you. In this case $1k or an insurance claim (whatever route you would go). That would easily pay for the cameras if the cop wasn’t there or stopped someone else a few moments earlier or if they weren’t stupid fucking trash and broke the law while making a get a way.

Awesome. I am very glad to hear. Plus I am sure the high end cars on your lot make the neighborhood look much better than what was there before you moved in.

Nice.

Did they find my new impact tool kit in there too? My snowblower?

Wow, Awesome job TPD. I think william ortiz was one of the guys who broke into my shop back in the day. Fucking scum bags

Awesome story to hear.

Great story. Racial profiling works :wink:

that ortiz name is REALLY ringing a shitty bell, but I can’t put my finger on it. :tup: to the cops taking care of you

Seems appropriate here…

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg?1269221733

this.

Glad to hear this is a good story…

Yeah, Tito. lol

Good to hear though.

Did you get to see these people face to face?

Awesome turn of events. Thumbs up!

Fuck Yea.