Thanks Northtown! :TDOWN:

So,

My audi eats a fucking coilpack last night.
I had replaced two the looked crappy about 10xxx ago but now one of the other two died.

I figure out which is coil exploded, Toss in old crappy coil. Car will run again. Hooray.

Borrow the GFs car and run to wonderful Northtown this morning.

Run into the parts debt and ask the young guy behind the counter for a coil for an oh six a four two leeter turblown. In English.

He stares at me for a solid 30 seconds and then just looks at the old guy eyeballing me.

Cue old guy " we don’t service awwwdee here"
Ok.
me - So, can I get a coilpack for a 06 2.0t gti?
OG - Do you have a part number?
me - Nope. I do not have the part with me.
OG - I can not sell you the part without a part number.

So, I plea with him for a moment and he downright refuses to sell me a coilpack. Fucking excellent. thanks.
Again just states they do not service audi and he can not sell parts without a part number…

Last time my german shitbox ate coil packs I went to autohaus (who does not service audi) was sold two coil packs and had zero issues.

So, old guy, thanks for reminding me why northtown can suck a dick and making my day so much more enjoyable.
I’ll just run to op tomorrow.

They usually ask for the VIN number and wont look up shit unless you have it. Assholes.

Just curious, why do dealers have this policy?

Cocks.

So, they can put you in their marketing system and send you all kinds of shit in the mail to try to get you back in for an $80 oil change…

Probably related to Nissan/infiniti and Caddy/GM parts where the part is exactly the same but the price is different based on brand/part number associated with brand.

West Herr Mitsubishi did that to me alllllllll the time years ago when i had my VR4 and was getting parts together for a 6 speed swap, what a mess that was lol He was always like “this part will not work for your car, and there are no returns”

Autotrader.com, pull a vin, profit?

They are cocks there… usually just ask to speak to a MGR and go from there

Same thought here.

what about ordering online with next day shipping?

Rockauto?

Northtown must not be hurting at all. I would selling parts to whoever

I thought about it but I’ll just drive to autohaus tomorrow.

thats fucking gay

jbweld for the time being?

I would have laughed at that guy.

“You seriously don’t want my business?” HAHAHAHAHAH “OK”

I had the same issues with some things for the TT, NT is fucking useless.

that sucks, ive never had a problem at the honda dealership in amherst.

Great people.

Do you need the three wire or the four wire?
Long story short, I ordered a set form ebay and one of the six is a three wire coil which I can’t use. Of course I didn’t notice right away because the part number on the box is correct. A few weeks later I get around to installing them and find the one in the last box to be wrong. So anywho I have a three wire I don’t need. I have no idea what cars even use them.
It is a long shot but I thought I would mention it.

Northtown sux hence mine and my familys last 3 new cars from west herr.

They did the same bullshit to me every time I went in there for Audi parts. Even for Power Steering fluid, the asked for a part #. And every time they say “We do not service Audi here”… It’s the same fucking fluid asshole. I would always need to go online before I left the house and have a part # before I got there for anything. Sucks that they are the only place within 30min of the northtowns.