The 11 Worst-Performing Cities in America

It is. That’s why they changed it.

For more than a year, unemployment benefits have been contracting. At the peak of the jobs crisis, workers in many states were eligible for up to 99 weeks of unemployment benefits. Today, New York offers the longest-lasting benefits, at 83 weeks, and other states—including those with double-digit unemployment rates such as Nevada and California—offer 73 weeks at most. In a handful of states, benefits now expire after less than a year.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324712504578133093359840804.html

Still longer than needed IMO. A year is more reasonable.

Fucking 83 weeks, lmao. cmon. what a joke.

people would rather take in their $420 a week than go look for a job.

People refuse to “settle” for the jobs that are available because they feel entitled to only move up and never have to work for less than they are used to ever again once they got to a certain place in their career.

I have no statistics on this but just talking to people there is a large number of them I know personally that refuse to work retail or fast food. I understand the logic behind it (both of those jobs suck) but refusing to work when there are jobs available? Thats just asinine.

I agree 100%. Handouts.

Yup.

I’m not shocked upstate NY is in the top four. As a man who has lived in a few places I’d say upstate NY is the worst I’ve been it. Also one of the more safer area’s I’ve lived… but it still sucks a bag of dicks.:rofl

Seriously thank god for under the table work. Some of my best gigs were under the table.