The 87 Fox GT Project.

All kinds of sexy, not that I haven’t said that already. But all kinds of sexy.

PEARL WHITE FTMFW!!!

holy crap man i am impressed. i never thought you would have got off the couch

thank you sirrr, but im good for now. for the most part i want to just take my time and do everything i possibly can on my own.

ok, im holdin you to it, cause i am gonna do it :smiley:

pfft, were not talking about you here stevie :massmoon: :smiley:

Well, another update. I hit my goal of having the car completely stripped by the end of my vacation. Just dropped a bunch of shit off at the junkyard and got the windshield out which was the last thing i had to do. Man, that was a PITA. :picard:

Anyways, now my pops is gonna make me a nice set of 4 wheels that will bolt up into the car so i can roll the shell around easily in the garage, or to get it on a flat bed, etc. The teardown phase is complete, theres not a single thing more i can possibly strip off of the car.

Now it’s time to do some homework on who I am going to have blast it, and then who I want to prep the shell. I basically want to blast the shit out of the shell, then have the body of the shell straightened and primered so theres no worries of any rust creeping in. Once i have that done, I can really go to town on the engine bay, and weld in all the 2398592 little holes that ford put there for no apparent reason. I want the bay to look flawless, so it will take some time to do, but I am in no rush. :slight_smile:

A few pics of the car in completely stripped down form :

Prob wont do another update for a while, we’ll see when I get around to having it blasted (and how long it takes) once I have it on the rollers so I can move it around easily.

Now its time to make a FS thread with some good parts left off from the car :smiley:

damn, you really are gonna “build” this car. Everything so fresh and clean when done! Nice. How long you think is gonna take Mike? Lemme know if you ever need some hands.

Thanks man I appreciate it. But yessir i am gonna really “build” the car. Its gonna take quite a while. I honestly dont know how long. It may be out by next fall on a stock or close to stock motor solely for the purpose of road testing and tweeking other components of the build in preparation for the “final” drivetrain, but thats about it. Who knows how long til its all done though, no time limit. :gotme: I work on it when I feel like it, and when I am enjoying it. As soon as one of the two isnt there, I drop the wrenches. Been around this shit for too long to let cars stress me out anymore. :wink:

But any shmuck with some hand tools can take apart a car, its putting together an entire car and planning out all the different parts to work together that takes some good planning and know how. But it will be nice to have a spotless car to work on though, no rust and all solid. :tup:

theres not a single thing more i can possibly strip off of the car.

are those hood hinges still on the car ? lol

what about the door strikers ?

good stuff, cant wait to see more

LOOKS good brother

Ugh, so much work to be done, but such a reward when completed. Good luck, dude. Call me if you ever need any help.

son of a … i missed those. ill get em tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup:

Thanks, homie. The payoff when its done is going to be grand :thankyou:

so you want the end result to look like this?

Now for the fun part :stuck_out_tongue:

PM sent :smiley:

Fixed. :lol:

badass mike :tup: im sure ill see u tomorrow since im back :slight_smile:

bump…any new updates with this…for some reason i thought of it the other day

nope, its sitting outside covered in a tarp :lol:

I would reconsider blasting. I did it and it SUCKED. Shit gets into everything… literally.
And all of it wont come out… even after hours of blowing shit out.

might as well delete this thread…this is the project that will never be complete :(. he hasn’t worked on it in months

yup dead in the water, was a nice thought tho :wink: :biglaugh: By the time he’s done Bladez and me will be running 7’s in the quarter

cmon mike!! jesse said something about you dropping this thing off at the shop sometime soon