The American Way v.$54M lawsuit against BestBuy

best buy is a fucking rip-off. we had a girl come in the other day that paid $316 for a back-up and re-format through the “geek squad”. They deserve to lose the money.

The $54 Million is specifically picked, because of the $54 Million lawsuit for the missing pants last year. It was done to grab attention to the issue because Best Buy refused to do anything, and it would grab additional media attention and get Best Buy off their ass to try and resolve the issue.

i bet she has newds on that computer!!!

lol

So I heard about this new technology… called backups. Google it, I think it might blow your mind. Thank me later.

her name is Raelyn Campbell

I am sure she is a nice, WHITE, law abiding, taxpaying citizen who has worked hard all her life and deserves a huge settlement over absolutely nothing…

fuckin people…

i hope they revoke the 1100 dollars

Oh I know. I’ve used “unlockers” myself… which is why I don’t keep any specific info aroud (acct #s, patent pending stuff, etc) on any of my machines.

IOW: The most you’ll find out is how much my net pay is, and Who I pay. :slight_smile:

Locks only keep honest people out.

I gotta say, after reading the whole article I think what she’s doing makes sense. she doesn’t expect 54 million:

Campbell said she offered to drop the suit, if the company paid her for her expenses and time and addressed “the shortcomings in its property and privacy protection practices.”

I have a protected Excel file that doesn’t open with any of the passwords I can remember using. Give me an email address to send it to.

Keep in mind: it’s not anything an dictionary attack will get past, and it’s more than 5 characters. I’ve used software to break passwords before, but if not for the fact that the moron used regular word, it would have taken days if not months for a brute force attack. So I’m curious to see how you do, and how you do it. :slight_smile: