The Automotive Industry Map

Took a wee bit of time to search and put this together. Thought it was kinda interesting. I don’t think it’s really complete yet, whoever wants to add anything in…feel free.

The following is a list of most of the automakers and the companies that they either own, own major shares, or are currently in joint ventures with.

GM > Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GM Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn and Vauxhall
Collaborations Toyota, DaimlerChrysler (in turn is with Mercedes-Benz), BMW, Suzuki, Shanghai Automotive Inudstry Corp. of China, AvtoVaz(Russia), Renault, Fiat & recently UzAvtosanoa(Uzbekistan)

Ford > Volvo, Mazda(owns 1/3), and smaller holding’s in Aston Martin

Tata Motors > Daewoo (trucking unit), Jaguar and Land Rover

Fiat > Ferrari, Iveco, and Maserati, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, and Lancia

Volkswagen > Audi, Bentley, Skoda, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT, Scania

Toyota > Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu (holdings), Fuji Heavy Industries, Isuzu Motors, Yamaha (other various technology holdings as well, Toyota is considered one of the largest conglomerates in the world)

Honda > Acura, other holdings are into motorcycles, robots, jets, ATV, electrical generators, (many non automotive holdings)

Nissan > Datsun (discontinued) Renault (alliance) Infiniti

Mazda > Amati (never materialized, was created to compete against the japanese luxury line)

Mitsubishi another Japanese conglomerate (started off as a shipping company, went into coal mining to banking, insurance, paper, steel, glass and obviously automotive.

BMW > Mini (Austin), Rolls-Royce

lastly,

Daimlerchrylser & Mercedes-Benz, has some holdings in non-automotive industries (motorcycles, etc…)

I hope you didn’t type all that out :o

This is easier to look at :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to see what toyota and subaru come up with. Would be pretty crazy if the next trueno was a boxer!

nah…just quasi copied and pasted it…

just reformated a little bit to make it easier on the eyes…

but that flow chart is pretty cool

Im more then sure that GM ownes isuzu

and bentley is owned by the same people as jag and land-rover?

They already said it will be.

mercedes truck division also owns;

sterling and western star(? IIRC)

As I work for chrysler ur info is a little wrong. Chrysler was bought by cerabus(SP) which is a privatly owned company. And is now called “The New Chrysler”.

Edit: Also chrsyler/nissan just annouced a joint venture were they will each be building another car for the other company.

u forgot Proton which owns Lotus

Aren’t Rolls Rotce and Bentley conected? I’m almost positive

Actually they folded over a decade ago, and GM took over, that’s when the Elise came out.