The beginning and end of a Legacy. Final update 7/4/11

In reality money better spent elsewhere for this type of build. After all this work his limiting factor will be the transaxle, even with the RA’s. Heads are getting GSC cams/springs. I’ll do some mild port work to flow match everything. Car has to be up and running for tuning in little time here, to be ready for WGI on the 14th.

so am i understanding correctly that even mostly stock subarus blow up???

Not sure what’s considered “stock” these days. Bigger turbo, bigger injectors, DP, exhaust, built tranny, misc bolt-ons, ~300WHP.

but yeah, stock :lol

My completely stock Legacy did too.

LOL not reading the entire thread owns me. I thought he just did suspension. LOL

Also ordered:
ARP head studs
Moroso high volume aluminum oil pan
OEM stuff

For Sale soon: Built EJ255/7 bottom end. I say /7 because the 05-06 LGT has part number of EJ255 but is 100% a EJ257 (STi) block.

Well, I went to Adam’s today to drop the Cosworth off. Upon looking at my stock pistons, all I can say is FFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

And the goodness:

The new motor finally got to my mother’s door at 9:30pm Friday night, after waiting over 10 hours from UPS.

Updating original post with new mod list.

Edit: Stock piston is FUUUUUUUUUUUCKED. LOL

Bout time this thing gets some love

This new block will last 5x longer than a stock Subaru block. So that’s like 100k trouble free miles now. Good to go.

As of yesterday around 2pm, the car has been sold.

It was a bit of a sad day as I watched it go off with the new owner, who lives in CT.

I now have an all-German lineup.

haha damn… i tried sooooo hard to get this thing sold for you.

Congrats, sir!