THE BENCH RACER ANNUAL

yea that what it seems like. i lost .5sec in my 60’ alone. i seems to be a good place to tune. im sure you get alot more than 3 runs at an average test and tune night. the most i ever got at prp was 4.

another thing to think of with that track is this. if you can make your ride hook there then in theory shouldnt have a problem hooking on a prepped track.
Now as for the times of the track its like various dynos. Nothing but a tuning device. So go to Steel Valley to learn consistency then head to PRP for actual time runs.

that is what that place is great for. if you can make it work there it will work anywhere. and you can actually test and tune. make some changes and see what it does. you will have plenty of time and can do repeated runs for testing.

well that and just the people keep you coming back lol. its a fun place and nice to have somewhere to just practice at. wish i could have driven the car though :frowning:

but on a high note i found use for myself… have any noises in your car you just cant seem to locate. well i can haha. i saw you laughing when we were leaving steak n shake last night…shaking your head lol

:rofl: “Baby Monitor for Rent”

laugh all you want i found the damn noise lol!

it was pretty white trash haha

You can usually get 1 run every 3 minutes, if you want. I went out there one day, got there around 4, and did 8 hot laps. Took a break for a sloppy joe and some fries at the concession stand. Then 10 more hot laps and then went home.

Hello it think the event was a hit ! a 2nd date should be set in Oct some time . my car like all had major hook issues at this track. so set the date and i will bring the VHT and prep the SHIT out of track it will be a blast .

:bowdown:

VeryHotTwat???

If you bring VHT I might have to set up another one.

Wow if someone is bringing VHT Lets do it!

I was talking about your truck. That is the first time I seen it since it was down Kenny’s. It sounds bad ass too!!!

Nice truck todd. too bad it does not sound badass… YET :slight_smile:

I had the TBSS there(suv) not my truck!

yup,lets start modding it!!:boink

Laura you owe me 5 bucks!

:bow:

I’m in.

Huh? It sounds like a Big Block should. Do I gotta turbo it, to make it sound better?

As I mentioned to a few peeps on Saturday, this is the 1st time my truck has been to a track in 1.5 years and the 1st time I ever ran at an 1/8th mile track. I was having major traction issues (as everyone else had), but not so much leaving the line. My issue was when shifting into 2nd gear, I had to let out of it to gain traction again. Every pass was the same. When I have run at PRP, QC, or even at the FLD’s I rarely have issues with 2nd gear. I was actually getting some traction on the line at Steel Valley. My other issue was the slight uphill staging. I was a little nervous & was having isues keeping the truck staged. Also I couldn’t get the tires hot enough due to the short area from the burnout box to the line.

At the B.R.A. I made the following passes:

9.400 @ 80.47mph, 2.39 60 ft against Pewter’s TBSS
9.048 @ 82.08mph, 2.29 60 ft against Aeroking’s Syclone
9.249 @ 81.36mph, 2.40 60 ft against Yamaha’s Hyundai
9.694 @ 80.51mph, 2.61 60 ft against unknown Silver LS1 T/A

My fastest 1/4 mi pass at PRP was a 12.6712 @ 109.17 mph (last pass the truck made in Oct 28 2007 before this past weekend). On that pass I had a 8.1573 @ 83.16 mph 1/8th mile with a 1.83 60 ft time. I looked over some of my PRP slips - I usually run the 1/8th around 8.20s-8.30s and the mid 80 mph range.

I’m not bitching, I just need to get out there & practice a bit, as I would bet I am a little rusty from not really racing the truck lately. I think I need to get a Line Lock for doing proper burnouts, to get the tires hotter (could help me stage better, too). I had a great time & plan to go there again. I will bring my ET Street radials next time. Id really like to run the 8.15 1/8th on the 'vette wheels, though.

Oneslowbowtie is todd you are tod :rofl:

Sweet truck tod

Gotcha, Thanks.

i will pitch in for VHT. but yeah it was a great time. not sure if we could do it before end of year or not. what is everyone’s input?