The Birth of KDM?

If that actually comes out at less than $20,000 I’m buying one, no ifs ands or buts.

Honestly this car is pretty fucking sick no matter how you look at it.

Its rwd, I wouldnt call it ‘cheap’ but its definately rather affordable, and I’ve read a few reviews stating that Hyundais engines are of impressive designs and decent enough to be easily reffered to as ‘good’.

With nice aero, coils, and some wheels this car would be a bomb setup.

EDIT: ps I hope they review it on top gear.

i’d go for the 6 and boost it or just cam it… iono about a 4cyl turbo when it weighs 600lbs more than a 240sx. you’ll NEED more than 300whp jsut to feel fast.

i’d take the tq of the 6 off the bat and wait for good turbo kits.

cant wait to make some adjustable arms for this car.

reminds me of a more sleeker and more compact G37

cheap rwd for under 20k (hopefully) would be awesome

this is gonna be the next 240 if it’s done right.

I’d trade my IS for it.

Nissan…where are you? & your silvia S16?!

I went to the Hyundai dealer to obtain more information today, the sales reps aren’t being briefed on the vehicle untill april 7th. If all things turn out well I’ll be placing My order for a lease as soon as the option is given to me.

I’m personally more interested in what the other companies are going to come out with to respond to this car. Toyota is supposed to be throwing something together, theres been some talks about a silvia resurrection and probably GM will think about aiming the Camaro with a smaller engine to compete in this range. The only problem with that option is that it will probably steal cobalt SS sales and that thing is pretty ridiculous as it is already.

Could be interesting :slight_smile:

Shit thats SWEET when are they coming out in Korea …are they already out?

i think this car is a retaliation to the pontiac G6 (RWD with decent HP off the hop, too lazy to find the details.) and many other RWD cars out there… also the Tiberon is thier sports car and i guess they figured it out finally…
Sports car = RWD
commuter and “family car” = FWD
Winter Beater = AWD

i really hope they do come in cheap. id look into one for a DD thats for sure.
the curb weight alone makes me cringe at the 4banger… bing is right, this car is not gonna be nimble at all… and the 6 speed… yea it sounds cool and all but one more gear dosent give you extra HP just more times you need to shift.

idunno maybe were all just talkin out our asses, you cant judge a car by a pic and its looks. it could be sick or it could be Gay… we will see.

Edit…
i ment to say G8 : http://www.pontiac.com/g8/index.jsp
350HP
360TQ
6spd
UNDER 30K

my next car for SURE

The G8 looks like its going to be a beast. Looks great, handles great, has lots of power. Secks. Most of the reviews I’ve seen are saying its comparable to a 5-series.

i actually work for hyundai and they are keeping us in the dark on this one… no pricing, specs or release date… the district sales manager said it will be unveiled at the next auto show as of now so it wont be in production till spring 09…

It was already unvieled at the new york auto show a week or so ago. But like you said they are still being secrative about anything else.

LoL never will a pontiac be near a 5 series.

this thing wont be $20k… it’ll be $26 - $28k for the 4cyl and the V6 will be like $32k

the 4cyl will be like $19k-$22k in the US.

they are still unveiling concepts… they are saying that the production one will be the same but they are telling us that it wont be till next year…

The one they unveiled is what the production car is supposed to look like. Originally they had shown the concept earlier this year.

The G6 is FWD…

He meant to say G8.

its still a hyundai…never will I drive a Hyundai until their CEO commits harrykarry for their iverestiated Hp lawsuit loss…and the pony and the tuscon and the excessive theivery of other companies designs…and they are seriously overpriced… they think they can be close to the same price as tpypta and nissan when they unveuiled themselves as the cheaper alternative to GM…

not hard to do when you have kids assembling the cars