The BMX thread.

Friend of mine had a Speed Series snap in half when they first came out too. They didn’t cover it, though. Said he was riding trails, and it’s not covered for that.

id like to start riding again

The decals were the same as my ‘99 frame, that must have been what it was. I remember it took him a while to get used to the shorter frame since he was 6’ 1".

The pro series was a nice bike. I’d still like to pick one up and start riding a little bit of trails.

[QUOTE=munster_ek;527452]Friend of mine had a Speed Series snap in half when they first came out too. They didn’t cover it, though. Said he was riding trails, and it’s not covered for that.[QUOTE]

I was wrong about the recall. All speed series frames before '99 got replaced. He should have said it was used for track use only.

The dealer I bought mine through made it clear that aluminum fatigues and GT wouldn’t cover broken frames from trail riding.

sweet. mines a '99 too but i have the ‘95 graphics on it. i think the top tube is 21’? i might be way off on that. it fits me fine. i rode it back to back with my friends speed series and the feel similar (sizewise) my front end will lift alot easier but obviously the speed series frame is alittle lighter/stiffer. i tried to make up for the added weigth with my parts though. a quick fork swap and i should be ok for some trails.

My setups have always been the same. 21" top tube w/ a pro stem. Always ran the rear axle the whole way forward in the dropouts except for my FBM. The rear triangle is really short.

I ran a 21" Barcode, and I’m much happier with the 20.5" WTP 4-Seasons.

20.5" TT with a slammed rear wheel (13.75" I think) makes for a happy manual.

I run a 21" TT, 13" rear end on my LAF…I ground the dropouts in a hair so I can run my 25T / 9 driver setup and the perfect length with no chain tensioners.

I started building a wedge to wall ride for my garage last night.

Wow, how high is the ceiling in there? mmmmm wallrides…

Just 9.5’ ceiling. Didn’t build a high wedge. Just something to mess with in the winter.

Did that rather than putting the new suspension on the rear of my car. Did the fronts then ADD took over and I built the wedge. haha.

Thread from the dead!

I watched a ton of old riding videos today. Are there anymore indoor skate parks around? I’d like to get back on it a little.

B-Cubed, Brickhouse

I didn’t think B-Cubed was still open. Now I know.

What’s Brickhouse like? Never rode it.

Oh, it might not be, I haven’t been there in a while. Brickhouse is smaller, but it’s decent.

Bcubed is still open, and they just resurfaced the entire joint. Might be hitting it up for some skating this weekend.

bs im coming over…

b cubed sucked cock i hated that place

I ride bmx, just some street stuff downtown, its too damn cold out now but if anyones got some places they wanna ride, pm me.

daamn i wish i still rode bmx. i miss riding street downtown (polish hill, mckinnely, sharaton, marble park, ect) and roadtrips to chenga, the flow, section 8 and others. b cubed was cool for a little bit

We rode McKinley once a few years back in the rain.

I don’t recommend it :slight_smile:

i have been riding mt bikes for a while and just decided i should get back into bmx, man is it waaaay different, you guys better watch out i got like an 8 inch bunny hop and at least a 5 foot manual, god i need practice, but i picked this up for 2 bills
haro backwoods x-01 its heavy as balls but not bad for the bucks
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/haro.jpg