The Buick.

Spent the weekend working on the body a bit more

And picked the frame up Saturday before the snow started coming down, we ended up just wrapping it in a tarp… lol

Brought the frame inside, blew all the sand off, and started prepping for primer and Eastwood Ceramic Chassis Black

It’s mostly covered, missed a couple spots and ran out of the quart we had, so we’re waiting on another quart to finish the rest of the suspension and hit the spots we missed on the frame.

Subscribed.

How did you like the eastwood paint?

Seems to work pretty well.

Rolling chassis is almost finished, just need to bleed the brakes, and replace the old crappy power steering pump with a new one, so we don’t fill a $1300 power steering rack with crap. After that the plan is to start it on the lift and run it through the gears to make sure everything is kosher. Who’s got a milk crate? I wanna do burnouts

I’ve been slacking on the updates, Dad has gotten a ton done in the last year, and especially in the last few months.

After getting the rolling chassis finished up, we realized the front geometry was all messed up, there was negative caster, which makes the front end do all kinds of crazy stuff. Cut front upper control arm mounts, move, weld back in place.

Undercoating in the front fenders after finishing the body work on them

Then… paint showed up…

And on to high build primer

Light misting of black for a guide coat to find all the high and low spots

High build primer on the dash, custom built panel to fit the guages

Sent a bunch of brackets and things out to yellow zinc a couple weeks ago

Then Started painting

how much was that yellow zinc plating?

And you guys just prime/paint in the open garage?

He bundled the zinc plating in with another lot that hadn’t meet the minimum yet. I think the minimum charge is around $100.

Yeah I couldn’t convince him to put plastic up, lol. Oh well…

Im not putting plastic up in my garage, but i have an exhaust fan, you do too as well?

Is that a metallic or candy paint? The car was a
Painted apart?

Yeah he’s running a nice blower going out the bottom of the garage door.

It’s Eastwood blue pearl, and yeah, I couldn’t convince him to paint it together

• Updated - - -

And finally catching up to last weekend, Dad spent it spraying the body

And spraying clear

and after the clear dried we set it down on the frame, now I’m getting excited, haha

I forget how long this car actually is, haha

Sweet, well looks good so far, silver base?

Nice!

Oh man, I hope that metallic layed down similarly between panels. I guess if not you can always respray the outside quick.

Just the single blue base coat.

Yeah I brought this up to him and he still sprayed it separated, I hope so…

Dad’s been running wires the last couple days. Getting the PCM, fuse/relay block and OBDII port in the body means fishing every single engine connector through two holes in the firewall. Took forever but it’s nice and hidden and will look great once it’s tucked. Next is probably installing the full body harness.

Dash sprayed with the body color, and a satin clear to keep the glare down. I love how it came out, and the first time I’ve actually liked white gauges. The clock in the glove compartment was replaced with a pearl white plate and a Buick badge. I’m working on finding a way to make inserts for the badge to make them the Buick red white and blue.

Center lower light is a dim blue led for the high beams, the hole above it will be an amber led for the CEL.

And the louvers in the side of the hoods with a pearl white backing all together

:tup:

Wow that’s looking clean :tup:

Dad’s been making huge steps lately, it all came together today, amazing when you can jump in with all working controls and fire it up.

https://youtu.be/iiyXgUmOgx0

Awesome work! Cant wait to see it all together