The Buick.

holy shit.

I love it. That’s no small task!

Then we found a good price on a full sand blast, so we loaded it up and sent it down to an Amish guy.

It came back looking pretty good. Just some holes in the trunk which we were expecting.

Spent about 3 hours blowing all the sand out of the body, and shot a coat of primer.

Impressive

Subscribed

Very cool!

Super bad ass!

This is a great build! I love stuff threads like these that are out of the ordinary.

Engine, tranny, steering, radiator, axle, exhaust, fuel tank and suspension including a new front sway bar is all mounted to the chassis. Even flashed a new tune and fired it up last week. I think the idle is still a bit low, either that or it really doesn’t like the MAF just stuffed in the front of the throttle body, haha.

Rack and pinion mounted, with new “beak” mount/front chassis cross member

Steering run, minus one segment

Patched up all the holes the previous owner put in the firewall

Shifter installed

Steering column mounted with custom upper mount

Next step is to tear down and paint the frame.

Glad to see this is still moving forward

Holy shit, massive amount of work !

Awesome work. Cant imagine how great you guys will feel once it’s finished with how much time you have put into it.

It’s all about the little victories, we were both pretty tired of working on it, until we fired it up again. Amazing how that gets things moving again.

Glad you decided to go with a truck 5.3, they are dirt cheap and perfectly suited to a project like this. Looks great!

Awesome progress!!!

Frame is stripped and prepped for sand blast

Loaded up

We won’t be able to pick it up until it rains and the salt clears off the road, but it’s NY, so that might be next weekend…

Now comes body filler… yay…

Looks awesome and something I bet you and your Dad will keep forever!

You guys aren’t messing around! Looking good.

couldn’t you just wrap the frame in a trap?

Yeah probably, but you’d never completely protect it.