The California thread

Long term solution? No. Buying a home here? No. Having a very good time for now and advancing my career? Yes.

that’s the way to do it!
if you want to be a home owner… meh. I’ve been looking in and around San Diego, and fuck, $650k won’t get you much.

Damn straight. I wish I could talk about it.

Get to lax 2+ hours before your flight they said…

So now I sit here for 2 hours. Took <20 mins from getting dropped off to the gate. Fml

eh. that place is a crap shoot. its either a fucking zoo or its empty.

go outside and treat yourself to some in-n-out for lunch

Had in and out on Tuesday, the burger was good but the fries were junk.

So I just found out the broker from uship that agreed to shop my bike and tool box can’t do it so I need to find another. Fml. Gonna have to buy a motorcycle with my first paycheck next next Monday.

how can they back out once its agreed? isn’t it like a contract?

also.

get your burger AND fries “animal style”

Idk I guess it’s just a quote. Total bullshit. Problem is that they are not crated. I just want some guy to throw them in the back of his semi.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35438[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35439[/ATTACH]

Edit, the box is bolted to the pallet with 7/16 bolts and I added a ratchet strap over the top.

• Updated - - -

Thinking about getting this guy http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/5180786994.html

Suggestions for a bank? I currently have m&t and esl. Both western NY banks. I just need a decent online app, mobile check deposits and maybe cash atm deposits (for Craigslist transactions)

i have chase

Yea I’ll probably end up going with them.

You have anything to do with this?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35473[/ATTACH]

Bank of America is useful if you travel. I had that and chase but anytime I was back in Buffalo, no chase ATMs. BofA is everywhere.

Most premier accounts with banks reimburse you for ATM fees, so really it doesn’t matter. Even if my bank didn’t reimburse me, I’m not going to drive an extra 10 miles to save 2.50$ That’s like people @newman was talking about a while back who drive 9 miles plus time and wasted gas to pay 1 penny less per gallon = FAILSAUCE.

this is true. but i also have my citizens account from when i lived in NY so if i ever go back ill just drop some cash in there and be all set.

no i dont have anything to do with that. thats border patrol’s checkpoint.
they typically only inspect commercial cargo unless they get some tip about a POV coming through then traffic is backed up for MILES

i work here.

i was just suggesting for travisn since hes looking for a new bank, not trying to get you to change walker haha

yea bofa was the other one I was thinking of. any one have pros/cons of either?

I went with Chase and I used one of these guys. They offered me $200 for a savings also. Pros: There are Chases everywhere here and they gave me a free $500.
https://www.chase.com/content/chasecom/en/checking/offer/334022-offer-1.html?ID=0000017848&jp_cmp=rb/381455/aff/3_15/na&MSC=kLpbSSXjHhI-vcKa4EDj6VCuTKWE9xQD2w

BofA is everywhere but after working with all of the big banks, their practices are even shadier than most.

Damnit, already signed up online.

The gf and I are off all weekend. Going to SD tomorrow before noon because she has to buy steel toe shoes for work and can only get them from a certain place.

Any one wanna get lunch?

you should come to this on sunday at Qualcomm. im going to check it out…

https://www.big-euro.com/big-socal-euro-gathering-2015/