The California thread

Sup ballers. @XwalkerX @Joe @maxwell

I’m in LA this weekend, probably doing stuff with people from work, and in LA through the end of the month at a hotel near work. NY for a wedding the weekend after that and I’m meeting the gf in St Louis the weekend after that to drive her and the dog out.

Basically I’m booked all month.

And I found out my motorcycle insurance is going from $200 to almost $1k. Awesome.

Aaaaaand my health insurance expires tomorrow but work coverage doesn’t start till 9/1. Yolo?

So far so good otherwise.

Come September I’ll be ready to start doing more stuffs.

I still keep my legal residence as Buffalo and will do so until I go through with my plan to buy a place in Vegas. Everything NY is #49 in Cali is usually #50 lol. Except quality of life

thats what you get for trying to register your stuff in CA…duh

why do you think i still run NY plates

I haven’t done anything yet but it’s probably too late since I called and said it was happening soon.

How’d you buy/register the e30?

Damn 1k?

It doesn’t matter. Just don’t call back. Do you have an address here that you can use? Family?

Bikes regi’d in NY for 120/yr with full coverage on a 3k declared value.

You fucked up bruh.

Car was actually cheaper out here… soo whatever.

Look forward to a couple cervesa’s muchacho.

:wave:

If something really bad happens you can back date COBRA

The only time I ended up in the ER was during a 1 week coverage gap between jobs :tdown:

si senor. I just switched my policy to my dads in Fairport. What do you do about inspection?

CASpeed

Ha, never.

What’s inspection?

This thread is funny. Guys are moving to California, then they arrive and find out that shit is expensive.

Solution is just to register your car at your Dad’s house in central New York?

Might work for a while, but not a good long term solution. California is going to want money from you if you live in the state, and they will eventually suck it out of you.

If you think bullshit fees and regulation are tough in New York, then have fun in California.

Probably 1 in 5 of the people at my work are originally from California, the fees, taxes and bullshit are insane. I have heard stories about it over and over again.

California is beautiful, I absolutely love it there. Just be ready to get rocked with stupid government stuff.

CA is cool if you’re visiting or making a fuck ton of money in the Bay area outside of that :tdown:

Not if you work from home and maintain multiple residences :tup: Also, my golf cart is street legal there. And comes with a tax credit for driving an electric vehicle.
You get what you pay for… Pay to play. I hate winter, humidity, rain, and desert heat. There go the other 49 states.

I’ll be in oceanside tomorrow, anyone want to get food or something?

I’ve lived in ten states, jumped registrations and residencies in the army and as a civilian. Take it from someone who’s gotten nailed… Be careful with registrations and drivers lic. Might find yourself uninsured standing there holding your dick.

Yea I’ll get to it soon.

California, where, if you’re extremely rich, or poor, it’s a good place to live… the BS costs to live in that state are unreal for the middle class, IMO