The civic is almost dead....I THINK

SO sunday we got BLASTED with rain and the Bully was flooded nicely. My boy has a Jeep and we tore through puddles making huge WAVES…well, the civic took on a shit load of water bogging the motor down and almost stalling. BUT, it continued to run and runs great still. ONLY PROBLEM is that the turn signals dont work, my instrument gagues dont work(no rpms no mph no gas reading no temp reading…doesnt even count the miles, KINDA COOL!) and the weird thing is when i press on the brake and try to put it in any gear it wont budge. The only way i can drive is if i put a 2nd key in the shift lock release and the shift…WHY whould this happen? ANY ONE !!!94 ex auto

How much ya looking to get for it?

sorry man, not seeling her. she my winter warrior and she does her job…just in a jam right now

Ahhh, thought id try

maybe you just blew some fuses when they got wet :gotme:

Just sounds like a few fuses like above, which is preventing most of the interor electronics, including the safety interlock on the shifter from working properly.

Electronics and water dont mix,leave it dry somewhere for a few days.

*and check fuses.

Make sure you check the fuses in the engine bay as well, since those are the ones that probably got wet.

you may also have killed your VSS, just a thought as to why your not even counting miles

vss only sends a signal to the spedo/odometer. He said none of the gauges were working, so it is probably more than just that - but check it just to make sure.

Let everything dry out or try silicone spray…

vss? what is it and where?

vehicle speed sensor right on the tranny

chances are you blew fuses tho… thats the only reason all of that stuff wouldnt be working for ya

ok so i checked the fuses under the hood and i blew the 10A hazard fuse and the 30A heater motor fuse…not sure how these would prevent shit from not working properly but i poped in a new 10A, started the car and then it blew again. WTF, do i just need stuff to dry then start it?

ouch, that sucks. well, the thing with honda’s is that alot of stuff is circuited together, and a problem totally unrelated could be causeing all the other stuff not to work. check to see if there is significat amounts of water in ANY of the lights and such. let everything dry…pull the car out in the sun for a couple hours after making sure you get the most out of any lighting and such you can. replace the fuses and try agian.

yea i had a short in my horn that was killing my brake lights, that was sweet haha

I had a jeep with a short in the horn that caused it to not start. That shit sucks.

Well, if the weather gets nicer i will see if it works. Kinda sux with all this dampness

civic is fixed. 3 10A fuses. tail light, reverse light and heater!