The Daily Operation: '92 BMW 325i (E36)

no one said it has to look perfect, but i’d say throwing almost every part at the suspension and replacing it with something that’s basically track ready, constitutes “handling parts.” i don’t know whats so funny about a car you can control. if this car was just a daily driver then why splurge on the suspension as he did? my guess is he is going to use it for dual purpose, since i know archie isn’t rich.

after i put the used suspension stuff on his car, i drove it, and it was FINE. drove like any other e36, actually it handled better than it looked, which surprised me because of its condition. with the exception of the torn subframe mounting point, it could have been left alone, and MAYBE needed a few bushings here and there. like i said, unless this thing deteriorated quickly after i drove it, it was “daily driver material” as it sat IMO.

archie,
i have the akg motorsport sperical rear arms… if you are worried about qualifying for tech in most clases they won’t allow the sperical bearings in the rear arms… the ground control ones are a popular choice because they use urethane end, and are allowed.

lots of people have gripes with uuc’s stuff, but i’ve personally never had one problem. i have the red tranny mounts with enforcer cups, ss clutch line, underdrive pullies, rtabs, etc. all fit and function 100% still.

i’ve had more problems with powerflex actually, and it was only one. the front lcab’s i bought from them years ago were a two-piece design, and the control arms casting wouldn’t allow for the inner part to “dive” all the way on the arms. they never lined up properly with the lollypop’s. bimmerworld was notified, and they told me “thanks for the R and D.” needless to say, they refunded my $ in full.

how was your diff. bolt when you changed the nose bushing? many are bent from the stress over the years. i’m using the akg poly diff mount set, which replaces all 3 bushings. no increase in vibration or harshness.

let me know if and when you need a hand on the body. i’m very good at taking them apart, and even better at body work after i did mine.