The Definitive Forum Rules Thread V2.3552

Just in case there are still questions where people are unsure of how things are run.

> Registration agreement

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the ‘I agree’ checkbox and press the ‘Register’ button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Shift518.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Shift518.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Personal attacks or derogatory and discriminative language ARE NOT allowed on the site.

You hereby acknowledge that you not one of the members banned from the site and are not trying to re-register under a different identity to regain access.

The owners of Shift518.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

This forum is a community who’s members I hold to a certain level or maturity and mutual respect.

This community just like many others has rules and the rules clearly say that content that will not be tolerated includes personal attacks, name calling, derogatory language and attacks on forum staff. On top of that, childish behavior and useless posts aren’t welcome either.

If you want to call somebody a fa**ot, find his name on FaceBook and send him a message, go find him on the street or whatever, just don’t do it here, we don’t need internet e-thugs. We aren’t going to think you’re cooler or tougher than you really are, you will only anger the Moderators and Admins.

www.FaceBook.com << click to get your e-thug on!

if you want to just talk silly useless $hit and have nothing of importance to contribute to the community

www.nadsny.com, I’m sure they will love an active member

The vast majority of members have no problems and understand the rules just fine, the ones that don’t I can count on two hands and know what they are doing wrong as they continuously break the rules and have been banned in the past.

If you’re going to try to make fun of somebody make it in a funny or wise ass manner where at least people can get a laugh out of it such as using a meme or a picture or else, if you just call them a (insert a stupid, one word offensive word in here), that just wastes every ones time spend on reading the comment.

I’m not against arguments, they are just fine and are even encouraged but back and forth banter of two e-thugs threatening each other and calling each other names in a thread is equivalent of kindergarten talk and is not welcome, nor encouraged.

If you want to try to walk the line between breaking the rule or just avoiding breaking it on a technicality, you know damn well what you’re doing and if you’re caught it will be ruled as if you broke it.

Rules have been the same since the start, and so have the offenders. There have been hundreds of warnings and dozens of bans over the years for the same issues. If you still don’t want to be a positive contribution to the site, you’re not welcome here.

Don’t worry about what others do or say. If you see somebody breaking the rules, report them or wait for staff to see it, otherwise worry about your own behavior. We will rule as we catch it.

There are plenty of members that play by the rules and still have plenty of fun and poke fun at the rest or simply are a positive contribution to the community. Those are always welcome and are highly regarded by us. They provide pictures to the funny picture thread, badass autos to the dedicated thread or just in general share content with the community they find on the web.

If you need a place to get your jollies off with stupid content or useless banter, knock yourself out with the dedicated thread which is rarely moderated if at all

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=9612

Throwing threads entirely offtopic by posts directed directly at a member quoted that have nothing to do with the thread at hand will be split and moved my moderators. As they get tired of splitting your posts you will only be more closely watched in the future for constantly being a chore. I do most of my moderating off iPhone and believe me, I get pissed when I have to split a thread because it’s a pain to do on the phone.

Members that are punished now by whatever means of permaban, long term ban or just locked to a certain section is because they were told to follow the rules established here many times, given plenty of chances by being warned not to do it and they insist on not following them.

This community does not welcome stupid and I personally have no tolerance for it. If you’re too stupid to understand what we are trying to do here and that I’m not the enemy and I’m just trying to make this a friendly large community of auto enthusiasts chatting about all sorts of matter in all sorts of ways with quality posts worth reading and laughing at I have no tolerance for you. I can’t fix stupid but I can and will ban stupid.

Have a level of respect for yourself, the community, the people that run this site and a little bit of maturity and you will be just fine, for the rest of you either grow up or forever be banned.

*will edit this as questions arise or points are still missed

*we are revamping the moderator team and are looking forward to having new moderators interested in helping the site - PM if interested

*there are major changes coming to the site in the near future that are all for the better

*Please welcome NickAlero as a new Classifieds moderator and TurboTravis as events moderator!

*this isn’t coming out of the blue, my policy was driven to this over the years. You can argue if you want but things are staying this way until I have any solid reason to adjust otherwise. Other lenient policies clearly didn’t work .

tl;dr

You spelled “definitive” wrong.

Should have known better.

Had it with an e at first and then switched.

Must have been the rage post that threw me off.

Hey Shift!

I’ve been trying to clean classifieds up since yesterday, if I miss something and someone wants a thread cleaned or locked and I don’t catch it, feel free to PM me! I’ll be cleaning up the whole section a lot more as finals end and Christmas break approaches.

Thanks for the welcome Vlad!

PM Sent Vlad

Murrdogg should be a mod.

Murrdogg should throw his PC/Laptop/Tablet Etc. out the fucking window and stop posting useless bullshit.

make him a mod over the trash can, since thats all he can see atm. :crackup

…make it so that he can only edit his own posts or delete his threads :lol

Trolling Facebook is so much more fun.

agreed

I haven’t been on here for very long but vovchandr I agree with you on all accounts

-Tim

You don’t even understand what’s going on…

Would neg rep the shit out of your pubic hair infested face if I did not troll from a smartphone.

You can neg on a phone.

Doesn’t let me. Everytime I click into the comment box it goes away on me!!

Ahh ok. Very well then please don’t mind my .02¢.

-Tim

What happened to using my anger and rage as an example? :rofl

I didn’t read any of that shit … But like in life the rules dont apply when drunk so stfu ***