Moderation, Recent Offtopic splitting and the BS siituation on the forum

is rediculous ,i can see it if the o/p request it but if not let it go …besides why now all the heavy moddin ?trav is gone relax
not tryin to start a war or any hting but thats why i like shift were all friends and its been like this since i have been here:thumbup

they even moved shit that i posted in my own thread.

mk409u98786989871e is out of control’s- ban now!!

The heavy modding is going on, because it gets taunting when every thread get’s filled up with useless banter and nagging on each other with profanity and crude humor.

In a few relevant threads that’s fine, but having it carry over to just about every other thread is not beneficial to anybody.

but if the o/p dont acre what does it hurt

the mods r just bored and this is there only way to have fun. lol

Most posts here are just useless bullshit. Its like a conversation we have in person, changing subjects, busting on each other, etc.
Fine if its gotta be taken out of the tech related/serious threads but asking a guy whose user name has butt sex in it if he likes butt sex was relevent.

Most of us come here for the bullshit and drama. It keeps things interesting. Most of us are friends/acquantances/etc so its usually all good between us.

Because this is a public board and this kind of banter discourages people from participating.

That’s not exactly a great example on how we welcome new people?

We’re not saying you can’t have it, that’s why there are a few isolated threads for such matter, so that at least gives a choice to the people that Don’t want to read or participate in such conversations, they stay out of those few specific threads.

When it carries over to nearly every thread, you leave people the only choice, to not visit anymore, which only hurts every member.

So in turn, such talk is hurting the entire Shift community.

but most all that join ,we know or know how we are ,except for a few popped collar homo,s but we dont need them anyway

But honestly it seems like theres been a bunch of new members lately and who left besides Failvis?

Most people that join are friends of somebody who’s already a member.

And if somebody comes on here with a butt sex name its pretty much a given that questions like that are going to be asked.

im not questioning ethics here ,but vlad wasnt all this for fun?“website wise” this is our fun without the drama and ball bustin it kinda loses its flare …i see what ya mean on serious topics but for the run of the shit

I like bullshit and drama as much as the guy next to me, but I’d like to have a choice on the matter of when I want to read information relevant to the topic I clicked on to read and when I actually want to read some drama.

Having the threads not split, eliminates that choice.

Most posts here are just useless bullshit.

It may be what it is now, but trust me that is not my original intent when I was pouring days of my time and spending money on the website.

Unfortunately that is the association we have, and I’m not proud of it.

There is no reason we can’t have the “fun” banter in a few dedicated threads and have the rest be funny by staying on topic and actually entertaining to read.

The active posters may be in on the joke, but there are a lot more people that lurk the site other then post, but trust me they let their voice be heard when they want to.

Do u want to hire an enforcer? u could just give address’s put and we could handle problem directly. lol

I like to think of this site as an extension of the lot for the most part.

I realize this wasnt your intention but sometimes stuff changes and all and its not always a bad thing.

Generally the BS is kept out of the serious tech threads for the most part.

Theres quite a few active posters here and Id say thats the group of people to be more concerned with than a small group that doesnt bother posting.

I think this moving stuff to the split thread pisses off quite a few of the active posters.

Im not trying to be an asshole/dick about this so sorry if I come across that way.

Atleast we have active posters, unlike another local site that has about 5-10 posts per day.

I mean come on, really? This is what I’m talking about

Yes you understand that the technical threads should be split and kept on topic, but what you are missing is when people are not asking for the technical information they read other posts, or make their own threads and when they see that every thread they click on turns to junk and the threads they start turn to junk, they won’t be logging in anymore to ask that same technical information they started with.

It’s NOT beneficial to the general community.

Coincidentally the people who are protesting this are the same people who cause most of the splitting…

Yeah, me and John and Hank do cause some trouble and drama and trust me were like that in person too.

We bust on each other for the same shit in public as we do on the forum.

but most of those threads are poluted before i get there ,i ahve some sort of blame yes ,but the threads are started as a joke therefor should stay and be taken as one

There are quite a few ‘stupid’ threads that are just asking to be taken off course or to the next level.

I would much rather have quality over quantity.

I realize this wasnt your intention but sometimes stuff changes and all and its not always a bad thing.

It becomes a bad thing, when I get headaches reading the threads.

There is a large number of acquaintances that I’ve wanted to be a part of this that got driven away by the general aura of the forum now and like I said, that wasn’t intended.

The splitting is simple, don’t take it OT or try to ruin it and it doesn’t get split, with a few exceptions.

trust me i can be as serious as the next person when i need to be .i come on here to have fun and talk shit .and i have helped or bent over backwords for some on this site so i dont wanna hear the serious crap most of the users are just like the rest ,exc for a FEW uptite pricks so that should wreck it for all

Thats true. John has helped me out with stuff before (stuff he went out of his way to do even) and if you see alot of his posts they are helping people with problems.

Id hate to see this forum lose its fun aspect due to over moderation. I like this site alot and dont want it to turn into a boring tech site.