THE **iPhone** Thread (GPS, JailBreak, Apps, Etc)

No you can run the phone like normal. Torrent applications for the iPhone and you can install free games like Super Monkey Ball and Nitro Kart 3D.

Also, there is the SMSNotify application which I love becuase the phone viberates more than once for a test

^ With as obsessed as you are about making your iphone vibrate longer, why not just go buy a vibrating dildo and be done with it? It would be a lot easier than sitting there texting yourself all night to get off. :wink:

Well, I went and ran the Pwnage Tool. I’m not very impressed so far.

What are some apps worth looking at any why? I have to admit, I don’t really understand a lot of the developer stuff nor do I care. I just want something fun and or useful.

Dont need to keep texting myself. There is a iPhone app in the Cydia repo that is called Massager that just makes the phone constantly viberate.:mamoru:

There is a few right now that I saw that are pretty cool. Customize and WInterboard are nice to change the look of your phone. Also MXTube allows you to download youtube videos right to your phone. Having direct access to the filesystem allows you to download cracked apps and play them instead of buying them on the AppStore.

SwapCameraRoll allows you to have 2 camera rolls to hide certain pictures.

There is some cool plugins like BeatStep that allows your ipod to change songs that match your pace of walking which is pretty cool.

So, I installed SMSnotify and I really don’t get it. There is no UI? I cant turn it on/off/settings… It doesn’t seem to be working either. I get a text and it vibrates once.

I think I’m going to go back to Apple 2.0.1 until all these bugs are worked out.

Anyone get their first bill yet? Fucking $189 because I got prorated. WTF!!! Wish I would have been told this when I got it. Oh’ thats with my 20% discount also…
:fail:

Any provider prorates your plan.

Are you a new customer or did you just upgrade?

All it does is run in the back group. When you get a text, let your phone sit like you didnt notice and it will viberate 3 times usually like 20 seconds after it comes in. Also, it will viberate every certain amount of time too. Nothing major but just a little tweak so you dont need to leave your phone on the table in the open when you are waiting for a text

I’m a new customer. T-mobile never prorated me like this. :smash2:

Oh. My first bill was the final part of the existing month plus the next month in full. I think it was like $170 becuase it included the 110 in service fees(900 min, unlimited text, unlimited data), then like 10 or 15 in the previous month fees and that was prorated and then the activation fee.

my first bill was 215… ugh

and the hand of god…

:lol:

Steve Jobs, presumably speaking from a hyperbaric chamber where he’s being nourished with an infusion of liquified developers-souls before his next public appearance, had a few interesting tidbits about the AppStore for the Wall Street Journal this morning.

Not anti-apple or anything.

Neat Golden Throne reference.

Been crashing my phone lately when listening to music and getting texts and other random things. Upgrading to 2.0.1 now.

upgraded last night… seems a little snappier.

Also picked up “Mobile Finder” last night… pretty cool App. Allows you to FTP files from your PC to the phone via Wifi into document folders and browse/execute them.

Pics/PDF’s/Music/Video all seem to work ok

Ok ever since I updated to 2.0.1, whenever I update an App, the app stops working. It will load, then delay for a second, and shut off. Will this stop with 2.1?

Not having that issue with 2.0.1 here. I did have major app issues in that none of my apps would work after installing 2.0.1 but after uninstalling and reinstalling AIM they all magicially started working again. I’m wondering if the AIM reinstalled repaired some broken shared system file.

how the hell are bills $200? that’s just dumb

I’m glad I’m using my 1g iPhone hacked on tmobile running 2.0.1 now… paying exactly what I did with my old phones… unlimited texts, unlimited interenet, 1000 mins family plan with my lady = $100 haha.

^ I’m only paying 80 for that plan on AT&T :smiley: