The Justice System...

who was talking about double jeopardy? did i miss something?

no, that is what I would probably be thinking about

Yeah, so he can’t be tried again for that rape case of the girl in Delaware Park in the early 80’s that he was convicted of. Not like he can go around raping people now.

i agree. if forensics messed up, you can sue. but if new technologies came into the world that exonerated him, and forensics was right back in the day, they cant sue.

somehow i dont think this is the next nelson mandela but i suppose i could be wrong

see now that answered my question about not being able to sue…

(Sue the ECMC maybe?? but then he’d have to prove either negligence or malicious intent)

The attorney’s in my office were talking about this today. That man will be taken care of for the rest of his life. He won’t have to work and will get full health benefits. That’s all they can do for him. You can’t give 20+ years back but you can make the rest of the guys life more comfortable. DNA evaluation/medical technologies weren’t like they are today but If I were the two girls that picked him out in the line-up…I would feel really bad.

The reason he didn’t get early bail was because everytime he appeared before the Judge to be released…he said he was innocent and so they would stick him back in. I HIGHLY doubt he will now commit a crime…i’m sure his family and old friends will support him and be there for him because he wasn’t guilty this whole time so any angry feelings they may have had for him before are now most likely gone.

lol, i would go commit the actual crime just for fun and be like “what, you already punished me for it so fuck off”

I agree… and disagree. Granted, that’s time your never getting back… buuuut, you’d live VERY well for the rest of your life

so get a large settlement from the state move to a country where you can not be exonerated or what ever thats called and send the DA a large mail bomb…On a serious note, that guys life is fucked, i couldnt imagine being locked up for even a year. think of it this way the guy is 40 so he was locked up for half his life now think of it as if being in jail since you were 10 for those of us who are 20 now, it would almost be impossible to get back in to the swing of things and even if you could the mental stress of being locked up for half your life, you would have nothing but 20 years of built up anger

So does that mean you are a rapist now…watch out for this guy. That’s sick!! :bloated:

in englad a guy got out after 7 years for being wrongfully accused, and was orderd to pay for his room and board while in jail, ill try to find the link

whoops, no lol. i didnt read the whole story, just the part about being convicted wrongfully and put away for 20yrs. i wouldnt rape someone. so i guess i would just ask for some money and buy car shit with it to make myself happy

I can’t believe the state would honestly say no compensation. What I would do is go murderous revenge style on the judge and jury members that convicted him, not to mention anyone that testified in court against him. (ok maybe not, just try to sue the crap out of the state for as many million as I could)

22 years, how old is he when he came out? Thats absolutely terrible, his whole family is gone by then. Imagine if he was married, etc. Shitty.

ide kill mad ppl then commit suicide. ur life is already fucked up, may as well fuck up the lives of the ones who were wrong, then just bail

I would try to make a deal saying that I would never have to pay any sort of tax again, ever. No sales, property, school, income tax for life would be sweet. I hope they do something for this guy, its only fair. On another note I think its totally rediculous how they are making him wait for the “paperwork to be processed”. He should have been walking the streets yesterday.

He is probably going to have to go through some counceling before they just let him walk out into the real world again. The guy has spent 20+ years there i’m sure a couple more days aren’t going to kill him. I bet he is getting royal treatment there right now anyways.

The thing is, this guy wasn’t exactly stable when he went in. He was convicted because he was kind of a loon and made an easy target for conviction. Toss 20 years of wrongful imprisonment on top of that and you’ve got yourself a certified nut case. :ohnoes: