THE NEW G8

ya its impossible for the current platform, but as far as the new model version thats coming out, that may happen, but its not here yet

Sigma platform, which the Camaro, CTS, (new GTO) will all use it. As well as the mid sized Crossovers (thats where the AWD comes from).

theres ideas of an AWD CTS, but getting it to work with the Sigma-Lite platform is not in the cards at the present time. But who knows

:rofl:

G8 looks cool to me tho.

yeah…the SRX & STS use the sigma & have AWD models…

true, but theyre not sigma-lite… which is what the cts, camaro etc are

i thought the current STS CTS & SRX are on sigma…

the new 2008 CTS is on sigma lite

dont quote me on it, I still wanna say its on the sigma lite… because if it was on a viable AWD platform, why miss out on sales to BMW and Mercedes with the 4-matic and 3X Series.

i looked it up

the current cts sts & srx are on sigma
the new '08 CTS is gonna be on sigma II along with 2009 sts & 2010 srx

some good info here.

'A so-called “Sigma Lite” variant might reach production in 2007 as a replacement for the reworked Zeta platform. These vehicles would be built with less-expensive components and would be sold by Buick, Chevrolet and Pontiac."

which leads me back to my question, why no AWD then?

why the current CTS & CTS-V are not AWD?? don’t know.

maybe its because the AWD in the SRX & STS are on the stretched sigma & it somehow makes the parts not compatible??

i’m just guessing/throwing out ideas.

& maybe cause they don’t have a manual tranny for it…the STS & SRX only come in autos.

:dunno:

Yeah, it would make sense for them to roll out some AWD models. DC is rocking the Hemi vehicles with RWD and AWD. Most of the euro makes seem to offer AWD.

GM has never been a leader AWD technology. What have they had? Astro Vans, maybe a few trucks/blazers, and the newer trailblazers?

I hope they produce AWD with manual trans. The A8s only come in an auto, even the S8 always came as an auto in the U.S. None of the DC Hemi vehicles have a manual trans, RWD or AWD (until the Challenger). It would be a nice addition.

AWD manual tranny American cars…there are none that i know of… …even if you consider x-overs…still none

STS = auto
SRX = auto
caliber AWD = only in auto (CVT)
charger = auto
magnum = auto
Fusion AWD/Milan AWD = Auto only
Freestyle/TaurusX = auto
Lincoln MKZ = auto
Five Hundred AWD/Montego = auto (CVT)

don’t think i missed any

Mazdaspeed 6? Technically it’s a Fusion, well other way around but you get my point

Challenger is RWD only I believe

I wasn’t really even looking for an AWD CTS-V, just a regular CTS

to my understanding the STS-V does not come in AWD, just RWD

the mazda 6 is based on the same platform as the Ford Mondeo (euro version of Ford contour) & the volvo S80 i think…& possibly one of the small jags.
pretty sure its different then the fusion/milan

its had the same platform since it came out in 03

i think the new mazda 6 that comes out in 08-09 is gonna be based on the MKZ & get the 3.5L v6 from it…& not the 3.0 from the fusion/milan

both AWD & RWD…just like the magnum

SRT models are RWD only

correct.

according to Wikipedia

The Mazda 6, is also the:

Ford Fusion
Mercury Milan
Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ

And Crossover format:
Ford Edge
Mazda CX-9
Lincoln MKX

and everything Dodge has put out that I’ve read, has all indication stating the Challenger is RWD only

check dodge’s website…among other sites

The all-wheel drive (AWD) system available on all Charger models except SRT8:

* Provides better acceleration, especially when traction is limited
* Supplies power to both axles at all times-62 percent of the engine torque to the rear wheels and 38 percent to the front-giving the rear-wheel-drive feel essential for performance sedans
* A planetary center differential allows the axles to rotate at different speeds, necessary for cornering

my bad…i wasn’t reading
we were talking magnum/charger before & i didn’t realize you wrote challenger…i was still talking charger

i have no idea about the challenger…but its a chrysler so who cares anyway…LOL