The new one.....

Picking this up today. 1971 VW Standard Beetle. New 1600cc aircooled motor with less than 5k on it.

The guy threw in the roof rack, and from what I have found it is old and not cheap.
[ATTACH]30509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30510[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30511[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30512[/ATTACH]

Posted Using Tapatalk

You gonna put a sick system in it like the kid from footloose? :lol

Whats the plans for this thing?

you just admitted you watched footloose.

So? In my defense it was with my ex. Every man has watched a chick flick with their woman, admit THAT. :lol

But hey, at least the girl in that movie was BANGIN. :excited

I wouldn’t know, i don’t watch chick flicks

Plans are to drive it for the summer, over the winter drop it a few inches, and then drive it some more. I have no major plans, because it is almost perfect the way it is. May wind up painting it, and there is a hole in the spare tire well, about the size of a baseball that needs to be fixed, but everything else is really solid for a 41 year old car!!!

Right. Then you must not have or have never had a girl? Any man that denies ever watching a chick flick is either perpetually single or a liar :lol.

Nice. I was never a fan of older cars, but slowly they have been growing on me. This thing does look really well kept for it’s age.

I remember seeing an article somewhere of a similar one with a much more modern, powerful 200hp motor in it. Anyway, good luck with it. I’m not going to keep the chick flick talk going in your thread hahah.

Thanks bro. It should be fun. They make 2300cc aircooled motors that with some work put out some pretty good numbers. The car only weighs 1780 lbs. so anything over the stock 30-60hp motors is a huge improvement.

dude you can swap a motor on that thing on lunch break haha i love old bugs i wish my eife would buy one

lol, its all good Ilya. I saw it too(my sisters had it on, i saw said hot chick and began watching…), and yeah she is def bangin.

Hahaa exactly what happened to me. :lol

Ilya’s wasted

Was it in greenville?

Voorheesville

There was a blue one like this in greenville last year, so I was curious lol. Looks awesome man. Good luck with it

Thanks dude. I am gonna assume the guy I bought it from did not have it long. So it could be that one from Greenville.

Posted Using Tapatalk

Awesome buy Mike.

Thanks buddy.

Posted Using Tapatalk

So. I have had a shake in the frond end since I bought it. Thought it was the over inflated tires and bad shocks. So I took some air out and it lessened it a bit. Then tonight it got worse driving home. Parked it in my driveway and then saw this…

[ATTACH]30546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30547[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]30548[/ATTACH]

Don’t know how it did not blow out on the way home… But I am sure glad it didn’t!!!

Posted Using Tapatalk

Cool car, love seeing these things riding around. Also dig getting to punch my wife with no worries.