Big_Reds '54 Chevy: The Stealth Bomber

In its pure current state of disrepair.
Should be a pretty badass car when its done, Im sure Dave will make a build thread to document the progress as its done.

:tbu

some Alfred Hitchcock shit right there

call it Christi.

shoulda bought mine and had a tenth of the work to do :lol

can’t wait to see what magic comes out of this!!!

Can’t wait to see the build progress for this!

Yours was also 4x the price. The car runs, and I bought a ton of sheetmetal (full floors,rockers,lower quarters) and I’m still 1500 under your asking price haha so much of it will have to be cut up And modified anyway that it’s better in the end.

I’ll make a build thread sooner or later once I pull it into the shop and start digging into it.

true.

let me know when you plan to start chopping it. I wanna check it out/help/figure out how the hell to do it on mine…

that wont be till next summer, I’m gonna do the rest of the body work first. It may even be after I bag it.

what are you doing with this car anyway? Mild custom or something wild?

That at vintage?

well either way, if ya need help with any of it let me know

Its gonna be a tradition “kustom” Its getting sectioned 2" chopped 4" and the chassis will be getting a 4 link and a mustang II front end with bags all around. along with some other traditional modifications freching antennas, headlights exc exc. I want something that I can drive every day in the summer rain or shine and not having to worry about it getting rockchips or having to worry about it getting breathed on wrong like the mustang. In addition it will let me learn new stuff as a fabricator.

this is the car im going to base it on, there will be a few differences but this is the basic idea.

yea that’s where I work

Ah no shit, I’ve delivered parts there a time or two (I work for empire auto parts)

word, we normally have a short haired girl that delivers our parts from there.

Yup, that’s Al. I think the last time I was there was about a month ago.

Cool pics, I really like them 53/54 Chevy’s. Don’t need much to look really cool.

I remember seeing that car on the hamb awhile back, think he stopped posting a year ago when it still needed back glass and paint. The wraparound rear window seems like a pain but definitely looks cool when its chopped.

Cool shit. I like the traditional customs.

Definitely needs spotlights on the A pillars. Maybe a Desoto grille too?

Whats the motor gonna be, basic 350?

LS3 Paul.

close, im gonna do a 5.3 vortec with air conditioning, prob backed by a 4l80 or something. But for now im gonna keep the straight 6 with three on the tree :slight_smile: