The new rig. Keeping the SS name...

Your truck rules. It’s like an IRL god’s chariot.

Love the truck, great gas mileage with it too.

Nice

Dig the truck, buddy has one.

Don’t know dick about boats, our family has a small pontoon and jetski’s we bomb around on. :rofl

Nice Drew, think I saw that skeeter on craigslist, solid choice all around

congrats on everything working out bud, doesnt often happen for most people.

Enjoy your new rides!

Nice purchases!

I’m a huge fan of the Silverado and Sierras myself, I’m actually in the market for one right now. Not sure if I’m going to go the brand new route or used. Seems like some of the used trucks sell for just as much as the newer ones (plus incentives).

the new body style silverados are great trucks. They have a few gremlins, but nothing major. Watch out for the lifters shitting the bed on the AFM cylinders, you will know if they start to go bad cause it will tick for a few seconds when you first start it in the morning.

watch out for cracks in the dash too… my grandfather’s ltz tahoe has had a rattle in the drivers door since day one too… sounds like something rolling around inside the door whenever he starts or stops but nobody can find it, even after having the panel off multiple times…

i like the styling of the nnbs chevys, i just cant get past how cheaply they made them… build quality definitely went down from the nbs’s :frowning:

yes it was on craigslist. The owner is a sheriff for saratoga county.

I beg to differ. My mom has a 01 z71 and my dad has a 04 gmc and this truck is worlds apart from them.

Yeah I have to agree and say the new GM trucks are huge improvements from the previous years. My '12 is extremely nice on the inside and I don’t see a cheap thing about it. My family has owned an '05 Suburban, '01 Sierra, and a '04 2500HD and compared to my '12 Silverado LT and my uncles '12 Tahoe LTZ they were junk as far as comparing build quality.

Sick truck Smokin. Like Jim said those 20’s are one of the best wheel combos they’ve put on these trucks.

Awesome deal man! Its gotta feel good to be headed in the right direction… not that you wernt in the past, just that all the recent events in your life all going in the right direction this is defiantly one more to add to the list.

What do you have for electronics on that bad boy? Batteries? Trolling motor up front there?

I just got the down riggers on dads boat and went to the sac 2 weeks back to play and didnt get a single release. We gotta get you up there in front of your grandmas camp and show us whats up for the walleyes!

congrats again bro!

congrats drew! that shit is sexy as hell!

Nice wheelz Skeeter.

Not sure what your basing that on, but the interior quality is much better on the current body style compared to the classics and driveline and chassis are pretty much the same.

to be honest, the electronics on this thing suck, and so does the trolling motor. The trolling motor is only a 40lb thrust and the previous owner lost the front fish finder head unit. Im going to put a 60lb thrust trolling motor up front and wire in a new head unit.

Other then that, the boat is in great condition. I gotta put a keel guard on it, and a windshield but other then that its just changing things to the way I want it. Going out on ballston tomorrow with it for the first time.

I know I was saying I was going to get a newer Triton tr-20 but I decided to do the smart thing and start out with a good boat, and put money into the savings instead of spending all my money on a insane boat. This boat will ge great for this year. I will upgrade next year possibly.

thanks dudeee

Totally serious question, as I know as much about fishing as you do about fixing helicopters…

How much does the boat matter, other than bling factor? Assuming you can get to the fish ‘hot spots’ at reasonable rate of speed?

well, boats are only 20% of the factor. The fisherman is the other 80%.

however when it comes to go time (tournaments) you are on a timer, so the boats handling and speed play a huge role. The second important thing is the fish finders. If you have a GPS enabled fish finder, you can plot your “hot spots” and just fly around all day to those spots, fish it for a short amount of time and move on. The 3rd thing is the front trolling motor. You want to have something that has enough thrust to hold its own in very rough conditions. If your fishing 10ft from shore, in 4ft of water, and there is 4ft rolling white caps, you better have a 80lb + thrust trolling motor on the front of the boat or your going to be in deep shit.

there is alot to it. The little that I know if from my fishing partner. His boat is insane tho.