Need Some Advice

I’ve come to a tough decision.

I’m getting bored with my DD 2004 Silverado 1500 Z71.
I’m also getting tired of running two vehicles. It gets very expensive as most of you know.

My truck is paid for and it has 95kmi. Its mint interior and when washed it looks good. I owe money on my Vette, but i got a smoking deal on it and should be able to make money on it if i decided to sell it.

I’m thinking of two options and i want to know what you guys think, please don’t fuck up this thread with retarted comments. I just want some legit advice from some car guys. I’m getting tired of the “car scene.” I feel like there’s no point to it anymore and I’d rather have a nice DD now. Possibly pick up a c6 Z06 when they come down in price in a few more years when I am done with school and settled into my career. BUT at the same time I LOVE my Z06 and I think I’d regret getting rid of it.

Option 1: Sell/trade truck and car for a 2004+ Chevy/GMC Diesel that can be had for around $25,000 or less. Do stacks, nice wheel/tires, and programmer.

Option 2: Keep the vehicles that i have and spice them up a bit, however, I really am not looking to put money into my car, i like it the way it is. My truck already has nice wheels and a good system. I was thinking of a 4inch or bigger lift kit, new tires, and a new exhaust. The exhaust i have now is a flowmaster hushpower and it blows, its quiet as fuck and it has a strange “whooshing” tone. Sounds like shit IMO. Im thinking of having a dynomax bullet welded in place of the current hushpower to make it sound deep and loud. The current exhaust exits before the rear tire with a “denali” style tip.

Its a long read, I apologize, and I appreciate any comments.
What do you guys think?

diesel trucks FTMFW.

oh and you can’t sell your car until i beat it. :slight_smile:

If the truck is a reliable DD… keep it

Should def fuck off

LOL ok buddy! You’re on.

It is perfectly reliable, havent changed a damn thing other than oil and a couple wheel bearings. Those due to the plowing, however I no longer plow. Thats what makes it hard to get rid of.

thanks dick now :gtfo

I’d sell both and have one nice daily driver, and then buy the toys when you’re finished with school and well settled into your career.

:lol

Sounds like you already made up your mind and would like to do option 1.

and a diesel isn’t exactly boring either.

Your bored. Ditch the Truck for another…keep the vette

sell truck, dd the vette…its fiberglass…it doesn’t rust.

best part of this is no one will know if i’m serious.

but seriously, do what makes sense for you right now, realize you can buy more toys later on when you are out of school. it’s something i’ve realized and is also why i want to only own 1 vehicle, even if it’s completely awful as a only car.

KEEP THE VETTE,…keep your truck as a backup in the winter and as a tow vehicle or get a new truck b/c your bored with your current one, and find another “nice” car to dd when snow flies…

Been in this spot a pile of times, the end result isn’t always what I planned.

Yeah… I’ve been in and out of projects numerous times… And always finding myself to get back into it and wishing I never got rid of the vehicle…

Keep the Vette, get another truck.

I really dk what to do…just in one of those moods I guess. A lot of us get them.

Both vehicles are for sale on craigslist and on corvette forum etc… If i get some good offers i may let them both go. I can always buy another car later on.

If I got what i was asking for both vehicles, I’d pay off the loan on my Vette, pay off my $1500 in credit card debt, and still have $12000 to put down on a nice Diesel truck. Thats IF i got my asking prices, which is do-able.

Well, I hope it works out for you either way… Gotta better yourself, right?

Thanks man!! Yupp thats right!

Lemme detail it and it will add value! All minty crispy and all.

this :thumbup

The way I see it, Id sell your truck, and if you got a good amount for the Vette let it go as well. As of right now, you havent had it a long time, and its very close to stock, so IF you do miss it like a motherfucker in a few months or a year, it will be easy to replace with another because its not super modified. There will always be another stockish vette you can scoop up at some point, or hell, even a modded Z06 for good prices!

Here’s one question I have for you… do you own your vette because of the car scene and everything you do revolves around the scene and keeping up with people? Or do you own it because its what you want, and what you enjoy?

theres a big difference… obviously if things aren’t going the way you want them in the “scene” then you’ll def. not enjoy driving your car. But if you have it for yourself… it shouldnt matter what goes on in the “scene.”

My opinion is sell the truck… use that money to pay off what you need and get an old, cheap daily driver.

Take one step at a time… get rid of one or the other. Adjust to the transaction and see if you want to finish by selling the other car, or if you’ll regret it. No sense in being spontaneous and selling both, lol.