SO I GOT OFFERED A TRADE...

So im looking for a few opinions here, no assanine comments please this is somewhat of a serious thread. Recently as most of you know i got rid of the mustang i built for my 1994 supercharged camaro, i love the car, but this isnt my ultimate goal. My father died when i was 4 and his first car was a 77 vette, well yesterday someone offered me a trade for an 80kmi original 77 vette, blue with a white racing stripe. Really clean looking car. 350 with a th350 trans supposed to be very solid, all it needs is alittle love and the kid who owns the car doesnt have the means or money to do so. My ultimate goal was to have a sting ray and a procharged c5 vette. Im thinking of trading and making a real nice cruiser out of this car…

thoughts please…thanks

do it dude, if its gonna make ya happy to have something similar to ur dads thats all that matters!

What’s each car worth?

Those year vettes suck ass, you will not be happy with it at all. The th350 stock shift like a mule, they are dogs to begin with. But if you think it will have sentimental value to it then i say go for it. Its not going to perform like your camaro but if your looking for something didnt go for it.

Do it! Then just save up for the c5

My buddy had one in high school and planned on swapping an lt1 in it. The car stock was atrocious. It rode like ass, was slower then a 50cc vespa scooter and handled like ass. The plus side is its a vette so the aftermarket is insane for them, they can be had cheap, and we all know we we can tear a car apart and rebuild it easy enough. If you can get cash on top I would do that as you are going to have quite the project ahead of you.

thats the thing, the vette has to be worth more, just for the simple fact that it says corvette on it…thats one plus point. but the downfall is how easily can i sell each car if i decide to do so or whatever…

Ehh you can buy that year vette for like 3500 or so

and i agree with you guys on the performance aspect, for what it is, that camaro is an animal. but i really am not looking for performance out of the vette its really not that big of a deal to me (i say this now untill i actually have a 15 second dog in the driveway)…i dont really plan on making it out to be a street machine either if i do in fact get it…id be able to do cosmetic things and make it a real nice head turner you know?

If its really what you want, do it. I had wanted a 84-89 300zx since I was like 6. I had to opportunity to get a nice one, and I scooped it up. Granted the car is slow as balls, and I know about two other people that like the styling… but its what I wanted. :lol

yah obvy those cars are out there, i havent seen this one in person yet, but an orignal 80kmi car will sell to an enthusiast for alot more than 3500

I would look it over real good. The floor pans rot out on these things easy. My buddies had 72k on it and the floors looked like the flinstone car once we had the carpets out

that was the plan for the camaro, just keep it to have something to beat on until i get out of college next year. Im planning on being able to buy the c5 in about a year and a half or two years. then ill start slowly modding it, but once i get a real job and schools over the phrase “slowly modding” has an entirely new meaning.

i like that answer because like u, ive been in love with vettes since i started buying hot wheels. so its just one of those things. but i do have to admit its easy to say that i wont care if its slow as balls, but im already looking at heads/cam/intake packages and such for small block chevy so i dont think ill be able to leave it alone.

you are 100% correct they do have a pretty notorious floor pan, and water leak problems…also like most “vintage” chevys the quarters warp and bubble and rott so that isnt something i want to get into either.

haha… I know what you mean, my thoughts about what to do with my car are always changing due to the amount of money Im making at any given time.

OT… where do you go to school?

SCCC, i take emergency management. its a cross between a degree in criminal justice and fire protection. not a bad major and i have some decent connections in a few local municipalities so i should be good once schools out.

Thats cool… I wanna start taking some police exams

thought i saw the truck down there lol

sell me the blower then trade it ,if ya want to call me