Feeler: 2008 Evo X GSR

Have been toying with the idea of getting an older vette to play around with so im throwing this up here to see if there’s any interest.

2008 mitsubishi evo x gsr
SSS package, interior sport package
37k miles
some small exterior imperfections, most of which i think could be buffed out
full bolt ons, dual maps e85/93 octane
car has NEVER been launched, stock clutch still.
includes all stock parts and tactrix cable so you can log and opensource flash your own map.

a few pics and mod list can be found:
http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=19338

Car runs fine and is my daily driver but i would recommend a retune/rescaling the injectors before the car is ran hard.

I would be asking 25.5k with mods.
24k without.

Thanks

Seems like a pretty fair price. You’re really be willing to rip that exhaust off just to sell the car cheaper?

bump for a brother alumni…

just curious what kind of vette are you looking for and what plans would u have for it?

either a late (02-04) C5, or a early (05-06) C6.
Would start with NA build, int/headers/exhaust/maybe heads/cam, and possibly move towards a supercharger sometime in the future if funds allow.

I absolustely love the evo, im just getting to the point where i can’t do much more to it and still DD it. Im driving 150+ miles a day to work in VT so i wanna get a fun car and a beater. i figured a vette for fun and a POS to bounce back and forth to work/winter. If anything, Id be downgrading performance wise going to a stock vette, but I wouldnt mind a removable roof for the summer to take the girl out in.

Thanks for the bumps guys

Id remove some parts for the sale but i figured alot of people on here would be interested in it the way it is. With a retune the car should make close to 400whp and it has all the supporting mods for a FP red/black build. Car has 5k worth of parts in it if i had to estimate. AMS dual exhaust alone was 1100.

mods are listed in the build thread in the original post.
I could take everything off and make some money with a Part out, but would prefer to sell the car together if the price is right. Sure as hell don’t want to redo that downpipe install and take the several days to put everything back to stock.

Car should trap in the 114-115 neighborhood on a good tune i believe.

please no C4 vette, GLWS

not a chance. c5 or c6 , coupe, manual.

all speculation though right now, gotta see if there is interest in this first.

keep evo and buy a beater

viable option.

That’s what I did.

I use my company car (Hyundai) for the day to day shit and the X is my weekend car. Also there’s nothing like the X’s AWD system in the snow!

GLWS

bump, anyone interested, please contact me.

if you got a c5 z06, you would not be down grading performance…even a stock ls2 c6.

if anything you would be starting off, where your evo is right now.

He may be talking about the handling aspects of both cars. The Evo X is way better in that area.

EDIT: Just looked up the skidpad results for both cars. The Z06 is impressive but the Evo is easier to drive.

Frankly I like a challenge. Thats why I went with a rwd 6 spd platform. Not awd and not a stalled auto.

from experiance in both cars now , the ls2 vette has all the evo has and then some , just not the a.w.d setup

ls2 vette’s are dogs stock, murdered one with exhaust with 3 people in my car, ask brett or delucia

then i raced my buddys ls2 vette 6mt and whopped him pretty good aswell

Yeah, i figured straight line performance would be close to a wash. The evo is more capable handling wise imo, but the vette would certainly have room for growth.

Performance wise, id have fun with either car, id like a vette for the aesthetics and the ability to remove the top for some summer fun.

just gotta get this sold first.

have you raced any other one, other then ONE ls2? Its kinda thick headed to say all ls2’s are dogs when in that case it could have been driver error…

stock ls2 vettes run mid 12’s stock with a mediocre driver. You had to work to get high 12’s.

meena,s car is a ls2 and it flew , im betting it was a shittttyyyy driver