Hurt at work, would you sue?

if x-ray’s actually came back positive with some injury you’d have a great case…but without that you prob wouldn’t get much.

and whether or not i would do it would depend on:

A - if i am going after the customer, do they seem like a prick? like somebody that can afford it, and would do it to you? i’d use personal judgement…because that is pretty ignorant leaving all that ice around and now shoveling the snow before it gets a chance to harden into ice…or not salting at all.

B - do i hate my employer? if so, sue them. my current employer i wouldn’t think twice before going after if i slip on a walkway or something at work…

fast food and frivolous lawsuits are what this country is built on…

side note:

years ago a neighbor of mine, she was maybe 8 at the time, came into our yard while no parent was home at my house, and her parents were home and let her come over knowing there would be no adult supervision…playing around with her mom’s high heels on thinking she was cool…we had a small jogging trampoline at the time…she was on it in heels 5 sizes too big for her, and she was trying to jump from the trampoline to the swingset and trying to grab it with her hands…needless to say she fell and broke her arm very badly…needed surgery, pins, etc…

we didn’t hear from them for a while, then we got a letter from a lawyer saying they were going after $1,000,000 for pain and suffering of her, emotional distress at not being able to make friends at school due to lack of ability to take part in outdoor activities, and her father had a separate suit against us for a disruption between his relationship with his daughter as caused by the pain she was going through.

we ended up settling out of court, and they ended up moving away since the entire neighborhood hated them, and it’s my understanding that the word spread so fast that even at a new school the girl had trouble making friends because parents were afraid to have her over.

before they moved away though, we made sure to buy a full size 15 foot trampoline, and put it right at the edge of our backyard by theirs, and invite all the other kids in the neighborhood over to play on it, excluding her from all activities.

part of me hates frivolous suits for this reason…but on the same note, part of me feels that since we had to deal with the shit, we’re entitled to some free money as well…so i’m kinda torn on the topic.