question about legal rights/injuries

so i just got back from the hospital getting a new MRI/CT/and Xray for my knee cuz i busted it working at Timmy Ho’s almost 5 yrs ago…the pain still hasnt gone away. I was told by my manager at the time to bring some stuff to the back, so i did, not knowing that he “mopped” a.k.a spilled water on the floor and didnt put the sign up for wet floor, i wiped out, and smashed my knee, and they had me keep working…

i was misdiagnosed and timmy hos screwed me in regards to workers comp and it took forever to get them to take care of 5 months of PT…

so i got new stuff done today at the hospital to see why my pain wasnt going away…and it turns out my knee cap had a piece of it break off when i smashed it while working there back then and a 7mm piece of my patella has been floating around my knee and hurting the connective tissue around all of my ligaments. :tdown:

the Dr. told me i could still do something about this cuz of all the pain i had to deal with for 5 yrs and not getting anything for it since NY laws would allow that…i have surgery next week to remove the bone fragment and then miss class/work and sit aorund in crutches for a few days… :frowning:

is there anything i could do in terms of sueing and would it be worth it? any help/advice would be awesome. thanks.

1800 - joes dad

he makes money for a reason

Check NY state’s labor website too http://labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/safetyhealth/DOSH_POSTERS.shtm

Be forewarned though… nothing but downloadable PDFs

um that kinda sounds like something i would think would be a good idea to sue for if you had the resources

i’m sure that’s been quite a pain in the ass for five years… i dunno, i’m sure i’ll get jumped all over for saying that, but really, that’s ridiculous.

in terms of sueing, the statute of limitations on injuries is 3 years.

im gonna forward your post to my mom and see what kind of “legal guidance” she has…

Call the Barnes firm! He must be a good lawyer if Celino got disbarred and he didn’t. Ya know they must have been doing the same shit…

Sorry to hear you got problems, and about your knee too… J/K :smiley:

I wouldn’t sue anyone, you’ll go through so much B.S., and in the end you might have a few bucks in your pocket, but the trip won’t be worth it. Have your surgery, enjoy the special treatment from your friends and family for a while, and consider it a lesson learned. Your knee will be better and that’s the important thing. :wink:

X…

call a lawyer, get some advice

agreed… but I would think that timmy ho’s is responsible for the medical bills… although, you may have to proove that their at fault (which could be hard to do, considering how long ago it was)

Call Jackie Childs and then negotiate for free coffee from Horton’s.

f that… call a lawyer… you might have permanant damage.

If a doctor does determine that you have a certain percentage of permanant partial disability Horton’s will have to pay according to a schedule.

hey if they can really do something for you after 5 yrs…i think you should probably take advantage, especially if you are going to be having upcoming medical bills which will need payment.

i would call joes dad

lol

I thought you only have two years to act on stuff like this???

stop supporting canadians first off :stuck_out_tongue:

then call a lawyer.

sucks u have been in pain that long also.

:frowning: this sucks

I’m sorry, try to get some (cheap) legal advice and go from there.

thanks guys…
im gonna talk to some lawyers that i know on first name basis that come into my work and seek some advice in terms of where i should go from there.

i want to know how long i have…cuz ive heard 2,3,7 yrs to file…??

it just sucks…i dont wanna be on crutches and be gimpy next week…

im goin boardin tomorrow and saturday just in case i cant go anymore for a while after surgery…lol who’s down??

that sux…but i heard 3 years also and this is what i was told by a lawyer in townawanda…good luck