The Obama Express

Anyone besides me thinking this is probably a bad idea? Yeah, I get the significance of tracing Lincoln’s path via a train and all, but isn’t it a huge security risk?

Everything I’ve read about presidential security says their biggest advantage the secret service have against a potential assassin is that they keep all routes secret until the last minute. Ok, but what about when you’re retracing a historic train trip to your inauguration? And talk about your hard to protect targets. At any point along the route you can just drive up next to the tracks or under a train bridge overpass and detonate an Oklahoma City style truck bomb.

I just saw on CNN that some bystanders climbed into trees because they couldn’t see over the large crowd at one of the stops and the SS made them get down. If a crowd that big is gathering how hard is it to figure out what tracks he’s on?

Hope it all works out. I didn’t vote for him, but I don’t want to see him blown up by some nut either.

I’m just guessing that you won’t be able to get a vehicle anywhere near the tracks…

A vehicle is not necessary.

From the sounds of it it is going to be pretty damn near impossible to ensure a safe trip.

Hell with a decent size crowbar you could simply take out the tracks.

Is Oprah allowed to be on the train in the snack car?

Huge risk… but how long is Lincolns path?

Why do they really need to spend time and resources on this? Really?
Aren’t we in enough debt already? Why do more showboating?

Yeah. Can’t Americans just watch this all via Skype?

youtube live!
justin.tv
ustream

It is not like he is a descendent of slaves, his family is from Africa not the USA.
But then again the people that voted for him have no clue.

Bush took sooo much shit for spending $40 million now the immaculate inaugaration is costing almost twice in the worst economy but where is the media protest?

So am I the only one who thinks he’s actually not going to be killed?

I do :eekdance:

you will not hear the media openly bash Obama for anything for …ohhh…50 years.

ugh, what a moron. Its things like that which piss me off about him.

fuck, if we can have guys in other countries doing this: :bush:

I cant imagine a train attack would be too hard to manage with our SS

I want to know where the 76% approval ratings are coming from.I know many people on here approve of him but I don’t think it’s close to 80% and everyone I talk to seems to speak negatively about him.
Of course the media is also saying unemployment is a 7% while other are saying 15%.I can’t even count the amount of people that I know or heard of lately that got laid off.

Maybe you talk to mostly republicans?

x2, Most of the people I work with like Obama.

And I would not even bother with polls yet until he’s actually in office. Its easy to like someone when they haven’t even had the opportunity to fuck up yet.

yup prob true on that one.Just people I run into renting apts and such.While I don’t really care for him,I’m not one of those that hopes he fails. If he were to fail while it wouldn’t really be his fault but would be a catastrophe without a doubt.
There is no way I believe the 7% unemployment is true tho