The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I have the same gun, almost. Mine’s the AAC-SD version which has a faster twist barrel so it can stabilize bullets over 175gr with ease, up to 225gr I believe. Before I had that, I had the regular SPS Tactical, and at 300yds I shot 1/3 MOA.

Invest in GOOD glass (SWFA, Vortex, Leupold, Nightforce, S&B, USO, etc…) that has a Front/First Focal Plane. Expect to spend more than the gun cost.

Get good rings and base. I suggest Badger Ordnance if you got the money, though TPS and some other steel pieces will suffice just fine.

Take the barreled action out of the stock, and use sandpaper or a Dremel to shave some of the barrel channel towards the front of the stock out. This will allow you to use a bipod on it without the stock touching the barrel at that point. This is extremely important because when a barrel is free floating, it has a more predictable movement, allowing you to be more consistent and accurate. When something touches the barrel, it has an effect on the barrel harmonics and natural whipping that occurs, which will throw off each shot you take differently than the shot you took before.

That’s the basics for now. Make a little print out of the ballistics of your muzzle velocity for the rounds you’re shooting and the bullet weights, which will predict your drop, wind drift, etc… There’s tons of stuff you can google, and if you’re up for it, develop your own program for it. I have a program on my iPhone that has all of the ballistic coefficients for just about every bullet made today, and it is very useful as it’ll incorporate weather and altitude at your location as that all has an effect.