The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Don’t buy stuff right away because I want to show you what you can really use and benefit from w/o spending a shit ton on a crazy setup.

I have a couple 308 caliber rifles here at my dads house. My dad also has a 22mag varmint that shoots near 3750fps…a seriously fast round. I wanted to get something a bit different, then my dad gave me that 1949 Saveage lever action .243. Apparently a very rare gun and I’m thinking I really don’t want to shoot it, but still want something chambered in 243

I want a heavy barrel in .243 for a few reasons. Looking at that Tikka at Zacks that day sparked some interest in the company. Didn’t realize they were a sub company of Sako(who make some EXCELLENT rifles). Sako makes a really nice fluted 243 bolt rifle, but I’ve read you can only put ~10 rounds through it before the accuracy strats to sway.

Savaage makes a nice .243, the 12 LRP but I’m concerend with the high rate of twist and that high velocity of a round(9.25:1) The Tikka is 10:1 and people have said they’ve had varmint rounds in the ~65-70grain come apart due to the spin, but are fine with the heavier 95-115 grain rounds. Hornady makes a round for that caliber that I want to reload with to make a 1000yrd target rifle.

I’ve got an email out to Berreta to see what they cane do to get a varmint in .243 in the country. The price of the gun is great, so I don’t mind paying a bit more to get the caliber I want.

This is the rifle here