The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Fuck the scope and get an AK47.

neither have i :lol.

i need to get some 5.7 so i can get out and shoot the fn 5.7 pistol, the ps 90, and the ar57.

tell you what though, fs2000… FUN to shoot. things badass.

i love tikas.

That PS90 looks comfortable to shoot, but its so weird looking too haha.

:rofl Can’t find one undr $400.

I’ve been looking on gunsinternational and gunbroker. My father and I are going to Taylor and Vadney as well as B and J tomorrow to see if we can find anything cool locally.

it feels very comfortable holding it. it can be one handed mounted in the elbow or held two hands mounted in the shoulder.

Don’t be afraid to dicker w/ them on anything. Especially if it’s used.

Cool, thanks for the advice. My dad is well versed in bartering.

is it possible for you to add $ to his 400? like take his 400 towards a rifle and pay the rest yourself?

just asking, you can get into new ak’s for 500 or so. wasr’s are in that range, and its reliable and shoots every time. i love mine and have a friend who has thousands and thousands of rounds through a couple of his.

Don’t buy stuff right away because I want to show you what you can really use and benefit from w/o spending a shit ton on a crazy setup.

I have a couple 308 caliber rifles here at my dads house. My dad also has a 22mag varmint that shoots near 3750fps…a seriously fast round. I wanted to get something a bit different, then my dad gave me that 1949 Saveage lever action .243. Apparently a very rare gun and I’m thinking I really don’t want to shoot it, but still want something chambered in 243

I want a heavy barrel in .243 for a few reasons. Looking at that Tikka at Zacks that day sparked some interest in the company. Didn’t realize they were a sub company of Sako(who make some EXCELLENT rifles). Sako makes a really nice fluted 243 bolt rifle, but I’ve read you can only put ~10 rounds through it before the accuracy strats to sway.

Savaage makes a nice .243, the 12 LRP but I’m concerend with the high rate of twist and that high velocity of a round(9.25:1) The Tikka is 10:1 and people have said they’ve had varmint rounds in the ~65-70grain come apart due to the spin, but are fine with the heavier 95-115 grain rounds. Hornady makes a round for that caliber that I want to reload with to make a 1000yrd target rifle.

I’ve got an email out to Berreta to see what they cane do to get a varmint in .243 in the country. The price of the gun is great, so I don’t mind paying a bit more to get the caliber I want.

This is the rifle here

That kind of goes against the whole gift idea. I don’t want to disrespect him or seem spoiled by saying $400 isn’t enough. :lol I’ll see what we find and if it comes to that, I’ll discuss it with him.

One of the links I posted was a non-fluted Sako .243, I dunno if that’d be any different accuracy wise then the fluted.

i like .243. but im trying to find a nice 22-250 bolt action rifle.

i have a 22 mag with a leupold on it and like you said it is pretty fast. i love shooting it.

understood. just a reccomendation, hate to see you get something you dont like over a couple bucks yeah know?

Cabela’s has a deal on Savage Firearms. 0 interest if paid with 12 months.

the T3V in 22-250 is supposed to be the best bolt rifle in that caliber for under a grand. same for the 243 caliber. 22-250 is one of the calibers you can get it in in the USA without issue

If the tikka @ Zacks was something other than 223 it would be in my house right now. Think was sick.

Jon I saw that ad, I’m just holding out to see what Berreta says about this rifle.

Adam, do you know if you can just swap the bolt and barrel out to get a .243? I wonder if you bought it in the 22-250, you could buy a .243 bolt and barrel from someone (overseas most likely) and swap it in the same chassis/receiver.
My Blaser could easily interchange between the calibers it was offered in w/ simple bolt/barrel swaps, but they also offered all calibers for sale in the US.

B&J is a rip off. Try Zacks Sports in Round Lake. Take exit 10, go to route 9 take a left. Its a mile or two down the road on the left.

lets go to cabelas next saturday

If I could get one yes, but it would have to come from canada or overseas and I have no idea what the paperwork/legalities are for shipping a barrel acros international borders. Certainly don’t want to risk anything illegal and get caught.

Tikka does make a 308 Win rifle called the Scout CTR that I’d buy if I couldn’t get this varmint in 243, just a little heavy to carry around the woods for hunting. It’s basically the varmint in 308, with a precision lapped bolt/barrel.

I want 243 because of it’s ballistics. It’s basically a necked down 308 catridge, similar powder charged, but throwing a thinner/lighter round downrange faster than the 308 150-180gr. Round is almost like a skinny 762 and has a super flat trajectory out to ~600yds, but is still accurate to 1K easily in the 100-115gr range using good rounds and good powder in reloads. Tried and true round amongst competition range shooters.

this is all preference or opinion.

when i bought my first glock zacks couldnt even get it at the time (gen4) and if they did they wanted like $80 more than bnj. bnj had it sitting on the shelf.

b&j prices arnt that bad. definetly not as bad as people think.

comparing online also isnt fair. buds gun shop buys guns in more than likly thousands at a time. so the price per each is way down. b&j buys a dozen at a time to throw some on the shelf. so they are paying more per each than buds gun shop.

not to mention the real estate aspect of central ave.

just food for thought. remember its a business they need to make some money.