The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I havent found anything at B&J’s reasonable. I live down the street and still choose to drive to exit 10. Everything I have looked at is $75+ more then other places. They will not work with you on price at all.

On another note since you bring up Buds Gun Shop. Hadnt bought a gun in about a week so I’d been in the market for a bolt action .22LR for a winter .22 league I am going to join at the gun club. Great deal on a Marlin 925R. Next up is a .17 maybe tomorrow :rofl. New gunsafe needed asap.

like I said we all have opinions. It’s the same with everything in life. I establish a relationship with who I go to and get good deals because of it. I won’t buy new from anyone else I go to the same place.

After zachs said they couldn’t even get me a gen 4 glock and a gen 3 was 585 or so I went to bnj and got the gen 4 for 525.

I bought a new bolt action today…

Browning A bolt .243 wssm with a nikon buckmasters 4.5-14 with BDC.

I bought a new firing pin

Jon- when we bought our LR308 lowers from B&J you said the price was excellent.

Also, if you can’t find a .17 you like, you can convert a 10/22 easily, just a few parts.

rra ar 15 lower i think i paid like $129.99 or maybe $149.99 at most at bnj.

Yeah and since then I have found the same lower other places for under $200, Fail. I see were v8 is coming from. I’m on a first name basis up at zachs so i always go back an they always accomodate me pretty well.

Eh, we paid $225 I think, I don’t remember as the receipt’s in my gun cabinet.
I am willing to pay $50 more for what I see online if in a LGS since if I bought online, I’d need to pay the FFL fee which seems to be $50 everywhere.

right, may be cheaper online. but shipping and ffl fees. like i said i spend all the $ usually to the same place which in the long run is what gets you more and more deals.

plus id rather my $ go to local businesses than some internet store.

After talking 17hmr rifles with adam (boxerhomo) and the fact that I have zero self control when it comes to buying new firearms I didnt even make it more the several hours before purchasing a Savage 96709 17HMR along with my Marlin from Bud’s Gun Shop.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/24/24162.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Wssm2m.jpg

A comparison of the 243 WSSM with 243 Winchester (far left) and with 22-250 and 223 Remington (far right).

Didn’t realize they made the abolt for the shorter wssm cartridge. I don’t think that barel is hammer forged, or hard chrome line either, so be careful about shooting too many rounds too quick from it or you can deteriorate that barrel rapidly.

That wssm round out of the box can shoot some odd 4000fps from a 24" barrel!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

yes, the 55 grains says 4068. i like the 95 grains still flowing at 3250 FPS!

plans are to slowly shoot the 60 rounds i have for it now and then mess with a few recipes to see what i like best.

im not to worried about the barrel, i wont kill it to bad.

when i get a bolt action .308 it will be a better quality but for what i want the .243 wssm the a bolt will be just fine.

what happened to that sons of guns show on discovery?
did discovery pull the plug or am I just stoopid?

Sometimes I swear you just like posting about the new goodies just so people don’t fuck with you. :lol

Gotta arrange a shooting day for the four of us (you, Adam, v8lonoma, myself) to go out shooting soon.

YES!

my name is stephen btw.

http://www.funny.com/_fc/wm640/0/3/fn.CKOPP.jpg

Works for me lol.

i dont think they started a new season yet. i see it on there from time to time

they better not im so out of gun storage room I have guns stash all over my house.