The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Mosin Nagant. $100 rifle, $600 on 7.62x54R ammo.

In reality, fuck a zombie. They bite you, you become a zombie with a gun. Sup now?

I was thinking WASR. It’ll still shoot.

Although the Mosin was a damn good idea.

So find a $700 chain-mail suit?

I’ve changed my mind. A 12 gauge. Doesn’t even have to be a special one. You’ll run into 12 gauge ammo more than anything else when scavenging I think. For when you have to replenish.

so true… no matter what kind of loads you will find 12 gauge ammo. a decent pump will shoot what ever you do find.

• rep. great guns and cheap ammo.

Depending on what Oppie considers “good distance away.”

If you consider say, 50yds or so, then a 12ga would do the trick.

Hell, you could use an AR15 for anything up to 400yds (effectively), but it’d cut a bit far into the $700 budget including ammo.

I stick w/ Mosin as the best option. You can get a 440rd spam can of it for $100. Only issues is the ammo is corrosive, so you’ll be spending more time cleaning. The ammo is also only FMJ for the most part, which isn’t great for attempting to kill something. Ideally you’d want something that expands upon contact. But if you are good enough to only get headshots, FMJ isn’t an issue.

Though I do wonder Oppie… All this zombie talk… You don’t happen to work for Umbrella Corporation, do you?

Saiga 12g

In case of Zombie Apocalypse

1. find city bus
  2. drive city bus through gates of nearest military installation
  3. find 6x6 truck
  4. find Dillon m134
  5. mount m134 on truck
  6. go on rampage
  7. ???
  8. profit.

total cost = $150 in diesel fuel for bus.

I’d have to say SKS or AK, cheap reliable accurate enough and ammo is plentiful.

youtu.be/bHao3TN0C-8

Oh, I would also reload my 12 gauge shells with pennies and or metal shards.

Now you’re just being silly. :lol

Not under 700 anymore. If so find it and ill buy it.

There are americans who dont tolerate govt. restrictions on firearms.

Let me tell you about a group of American patriots who decided enough was enough in regards to nonsense firearms restrictions placed upon us by the government.

The Governor of Massachusetts passed a law supported by the legislature to ban the ownership of ammunition storage / caches. The restrictions also banned the collection of firearms in communities which may represent “militia activism.”

This action failed to deter the patriotic people of Northern Massachusetts. They amassed stores of ammunition and arms all around their rural communities. They stocked their farm houses, personal properties and barns with arms and ammunition. The Governor be damned.

When the Governor learned of this defiance, he dispatched the State Police to arrest the so-called criminals and confiscate their arms and ammunition. He didn’t want the media alerted, so he conducted his plan secretly. A large group of State Police were dispatched in the middle of April. However, their secret job was not so secret. A behind-the-scenes patriot from Boston learned about the Governor’s plan and warned the citizens in danger about the approaching police force. The citizens reacted immediately and amassed along the governor’s expected route, waited for the police’s arrival then shot them to hell in an amazing shoot out.

It was an historic victory for the patriots of northern Massachusetts. The fight went on to be known as the battles of Lexington and Concord. The citizenry were warned by a fellow named Paul Revere.

Remember where your freedoms were earned. Remember who earned them. Realize they were people not unlike yourself.

• rep and im saying possible the best post of the year!

+rep as well

make it 3

Your dead before you hit the gate because the soldiers guarding it kill your ass. Id have to say SKS, Cheap reliable and ammo is pretty plentiful.

not if the zombies got to the soldiers before i got to said base.