The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I’m going to post this here as I’ve been stewing on it for the past day here now.

Let me make something VERY clear. If anyone here ever asks me to make them a full auto sear for any semi automatic rifle I will permanently ban you from this site. No second chances, no excuses. I won’t even make notice of it. You will be gone. Trying to return to the site under a different user name will result in calls to the ATF and NYSP. I’m not messing around with this.

[SIZE=2]Yes I know how to do it. NO I will not do it for you no matter what the case. I am not in the business of doing illegal modifications to rifles and do not appreciate being brought into the middle of it. I am an advocate for firearms, and pulling stunts like this only makes enjoying this hobby much more difficult. People like you fuck it all up for everyone else like myself.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I was asked my someone to do this for a certain amount of cash and immediately blew the fuck up. I have no problem assisting on the repairing/building of legal firearms that you have purchased. I find it quite fun and it’s a hobby for me in reality on late nights. I will however NEVER do anything illegal, won’t even consider it, and anyone even mentioning to me on here will be in some deep shit.

I enjoy guns more than just about anyone here, but I also enjoy my freedom outside a jail cell. If you value the same, I highly suggest you keep all aforementioned talk and ideas as far away from this site and myself as possible.

Thank You,

-Your resident gun enthusiast.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

^ but were still on schedule for my dirty bomb right?

:shifty

(I kid, I kid)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

unbelieveable. some people amaze me. worst part is people dont understand how quickly youll get 10 years in federal prison. they dont mess around with this shit.

+1 for keep your stuff compliant and legal.

I know an arms dealer who lost $500,000 cash plus all his weapons for doing that “mod” to an undercover atf agent… Shit is fucked.

BTW, does anyone know off top of of there head the legal barrel length in NY? Is it 18" or 18.5"? Also could a pipe cutter you use to cut like copper and shit work to shorten a barrel?

Is it a rifle or shotgun?

Legal minimum shotgun length is 18"
For a rifle it is 16"

Anything shorter and it involves a tax stamp and some paperwork (at least here in VT anyway).

Under the National Firearms Act (NFA), it is illegal for a private citizen to possess a sawed-off modern smokeless powder shotgun; a shotgun with a barrel length shorter than 18 inches (46 cm) or an overall length shorter than 26 inches (66 cm), without a tax-paid registration from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, requiring a background check and either a $200 or $5 tax for every transfer, depending upon the specific manufacturing circumstances of the particular sawed-off modern shotgun being transferred. Short-barreled muzzleloading blackpowder shotguns, in contrast, are not illegal by federal law and require no tax-stamped permit, although they may be illegal under state law. As with all NFA regulated firearms, a new tax stamp must be purchased before every transfer. Inter-state transfers must be facilitated through a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) while intrastate transfers may be between two persons.[8]
In the US, shotguns originally manufactured without shoulder stocks, having their barrels shortened to under 18 inches, are classified as an “Any Other Weapon” by the BATFE and have a $5 transfer tax, if they are manufactured by a maker possessing the appropriate Class 2 Special Occupational Taxpayer Federal Firearms License. However, in order to convert an existing shoulder-stocked shotgun to a short-barreled shotgun or an existing pistol-grip-only shotgun to an “Any Other Weapon”, a private citizen must pay the standard $200 NFA tax.[1]

shotgun… Bought it yesterday for $50 since the last one I had was confiscated lol… Bought a pistol grip and black forend for like $30 but with a 28" barell I think its gonna look stupid…

Will a pipe cutter work on the barrel or you think its too thick?

It may need to be cut with an actual saw.
PM Adam (Boxersix), Im sure he can cut it. If you do cut it yourself make sure you measure it correctly before cutting, you dont want to cut it too short and then risk owning an illegal weapon. I believe they measure the barrel length with the bolt closed and sticking a tape measure down the barrel until it stops.

word, if I do end up cutting it ill probably make it 19" just to be safe so no one fucks with me.

pretty sure shotguns are 18.5.

Yes, but they use a rod cut to the exact length then run a scraper like tool over the muzzle. If the scraper catches on the rod, it’s too short and you’re in deep shit.

I’ve heard stories of guys having barrels at exactly 16", and them getting a little damage on the end(nicks or scratches) that they lightly filed clean again. Barrel was then found to be too short as the scraper caught by a few thou.

I can do this for you the right way Dave for a minor fee($35 cut, chamfered, and polished), or if you want to retain the front sight post for a little more ($65). Up to you sir, just let me know if you want me to do it.

Kinda on topic, but if the barrel is cut a little short, could you permanently affix an extended choke tube to make it legal length? I didn’t know if shotguns are like rifles where a muzzle device permanently affixed adds to the barrel length (14.5" barrel + 1.5" flash hider/muzzle brake = 16" overall length = legal).

Yes cossey. Some people are doing this with saigas because they are threading the barrels and putting breaches and devices on them. I’ve seen 16.5 inch or so saiga with a door bteach permanently attatched to give it 18.5.

i tried to cut it with pipe cutter but it didnt work too well lol… i did the cut at like 19" though so if you recut around 18.5" you should be fine… where can i drop it off to you?

Dave- i wouldnt cut that barrel, thats a scatter barrel. Sounds like you got an awesome deal on it though. Keep up the good work finding the sweet deals!

Adam - you should out them on this site for seriously asking about getting them an auto sear. Myself and another member on here were at a well known upstate gun shop a couple years ago ( not going to mention any names) but they bought, and were unpacking a shipment of used guns they bought cheap. One that i will never forget was this real clapped out colt hbar that was painted purple/green all kinds of crazy stuff. The colors or crappyness of the poor old colt did not concern me one bit, BUT what did concern me as i was watching them check it out was it had a “third hole” And even worse when they were checking it out they were saying stuff like… HMM check this out, it must be some kind of target/match trigger when they took the upper apart. I mentioned to my buddy who is another avid shooter knows a bunch about firearms as well this and he asked what they were going to do with it now. The guy at the counter said they were going to “fill the hole, swap some parts, re-coat it and make a nice lil profit:shifty” This astounded me:wow and i dont think i will ever do business with them ever again, since they have allready hit a couple strikes with me before on previous visits.

good bunch of stuff for all fellow firearm owners.

40 Reasons To Own Firearms

I Own Firearms Because A Bunch Of Old, Dead, White Folks Said I Should:

1. “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a
    last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” ~ Thomas Jefferson.

2. “The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly
    armed.” ~ Alexander Hamilton.

3. “Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the
    world as well as property.” ~ Thomas Paine.

4. “Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of
    being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation.” ~ James
    Madison.

5. “The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve
    a place of honor with all that’s good.” ~ George Washington.

6. “The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.”
    ~ Patrick Henry.

7. “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined
    nor determined to commit crimes” ~ Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria.

8. “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” ~ George
    Mason.

9. “The said Constitution be never construed… to prevent the people of the United States
    who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” ~ Samuel Adams.

10. “But the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary
    government, and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in
    America, but which historically has proved to be always possible.” ~ Hubert Humphrey.

11. “I carried it (a revolver) religiously and during the summer I asked a friend, a man
    who had been one of Franklin’s bodyguards in New York State, to give me some practice
    in target shooting so that if the need arose I would know how to use the gun.” ~ Eleanore
    Roosevelt.

12. “By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ‘security’ of the nation, and the
    right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the
    essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears
    of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major
    danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic
    civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the
    defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be
    important.” ~ John F. Kennedy.

I Own Firearms Because History Says I Should:

1. 1911: Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,
    unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

2. 1929: Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 40-60 million
    citizens, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated or starved to
    death.

3. 1935: China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political
    dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

4. 1938: Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews,
    Catholics and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and
    exterminated.

5. 1956: Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated’
    people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated."

6. 1964: Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan
    Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

7. 1966-1976: China still has gun control. Another 50-100 million civilians, unable to
    defend themselves, were killed in Mao Tse Tung’s “Cultural Revolution”.

8. 1970: Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians,
    unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

9. 1990s: Rwanda established gun control. In a span of 100 days in April 1994, 800,000
    people who were unable to defend themselves were massacred to death - most by
    machetes. How many dead, hacked-up bodies do you think were found holding a loaded
    gun? (answer is less than one)

10. 1992: Los Angeles California, USA. For three days police stood by and watched,
    unable to stop the rioting, arson and destruction of whole neighborhoods. Yet many
    Korean stores were virtually untouched - protected by their well-armed storeowners who
    exercised their right to self-defense through their right to keep and bear arms and who
    did for themselves what the police were unwilling or unable to do.

11. Late 1990s: Great Britain established total gun control. Robberies, burglaries and
    assaults have skyrocketted making London’s violent crime rate now higher than anywhere
    in America.

12. “Every good communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a
    gun.” ~ Mao Tse Tung

13. “Ordinary citizens don’t need guns, as their having guns doesn’t serve the State.” ~
    Heinrich Himmler.

I Own Firearms Because It Is My God-Given Right To Self-Defense:

1. “If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no
    guilt for his bloodshed.” ~ Exodus 22:2

2. “…he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.” ~ Luke 22:36

3. “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace.” ~
    Luke 11:21

4. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are
    endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
    Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” ~ Declaration of Independence

I Own Firearms Because I Have Common Sense:

1. A gun-owner his far more likely to be killed in a car accident or by drowning in a
    swimming pool or by physician mistakes than from owning a gun.

2. Criminals fear victims holding guns, not victims holding phones.

3. 2 million times a year, private citizens successfully use guns to defend themselves.

I Own Firearms Because There Are Those With Power Who, If Given The Chance,
Would Force Me To Relinquish Them:

1. “Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe.” ~ Sen.
    Diane Feinstein D-CA, quoted by AP, 11/18/93.

2. “We’re going to hammer guns on the anvil of relentless legislative strategy! We’re
    going to beat guns into submission!” ~ Rep. Charles Schumer D-NY, quoted on NBC,
    12/8/93

3. “For target shooting, that’s okay. Get a license and go to the range. For defense of the
    home, that’s why we have police departments.” ~ James Brady.

4. “The sale of guns must stop. Halfway measures are not enough.” ~ Sarah Brady.

5. “Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of
    private firearms is the goal.” ~ Former Attorney General Janet Reno.

6. “The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people” ~ Former President
    Bill Clinton, interview on MTV 1993

7. “I don’t’ care about crime. I just want to get the guns.” ~ Former Senator Howard
    Metzenbaum, D-OH during Brady Bill debates.

8. “If someone is so fearful that, that they’re going to start using their weapons to protect
    their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!” ~ Rep.
    Henry Waxman, D-NY, 5/2001 MSNBC report on .50BMG rifles.

PM’ed Dave

does anyone in here have a g19? ive got 2 pre ban mags im looking to sell if anyone has one. i dont remember if anyone had one or not.

edit: spoken for.

i have a winchester model 94 in 3030. Its not an old one, its made kinda cheesy IMO, but its fun and relatively cheap to shoot