The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

It’s tempted me. Do I get a repeat buyer discount?

I could throw in some more ammo, maybe 100 more rounds

Are you legally blind even with glasses? Like do your glasses make you see?

With glasses I can see pretty decent. I went through a bunch of eye surgeries when I was an infant to correct issues with my right eye. The vision degraded over the years to the point where my brain pretty much shut off my right eye.

I can force myself to use my right eye, but without glasses is damn near useless. Even the huge giant highway signs are nothing but a blur without my glasses, but with them my vision is actually pretty decent

Sorry to hear about that. Def Shitty.

I’m not being a wise ass even though it prolly sounds like it I promise I’m not, I just want to understand… If you can see with your glasses what does being legally blind without them have to do with shooting? I wear glasses 100% unless I’m sleeping and i shoot with them. Do you not wear your classes shooting?

I hate wearing my glasses haha

I didnt wear them for so long that I just got used to not having them.

I basically only wear them when driving and now shooting

Oh ok. I just want sure if you were like scared of scope eye or what the isue is. I know whay you mean now.

Me myself I’m I’m shooting something without an optic, Ar, shotgun, pistol, I leave both eyes open. It was hard to get used to and now and then I slip up and start to close my left, bit generally the only time I close my left eye is if I’m looking down a scope.

I used to hate wearing glasses, but then I got a decent pair and enjoyed seeing everything clearly. I was able to start using iron sights effectively, which saved some money lol. Plus, they’re shatter-proof lenses.

Yeah, im sure i’ll get used to it after a while, im just not used to relying only on my right eye.

I shoot with both eyes open without the scope

How long did it take to get proficient at it? I’ve been trying to develop the skill and I can do alright with my AR that is fitted with a EOTECH, but other firearms I’m struggling.

97 cavy I’ll get the model number info later when I’m home.

Sometimes you have to adjust your eye relief for shooting BEO with an older optic. Many of the high end new optics are designed for this as it’s easier on the shooter to maintain composure and focus on the other aspects like trigger control, etc. Optics like the eotechs and good reflex sights are specifically designed for BEO shooting. One of the main benefits to actually using one in a CQ scenario.

It can be done with any optic if you can train you eyes/brain, just certain optics make it easier.

what really screws peopl shooting this method on cheaper scopes can be parallax, because they’re not only trying to adjust to having BEO, but alos dealing with an out of focal object/reticlue because they’re not properly positioning their eye in the optical axis of the scope(again, mostly due to the lack of skill with shooting BEO)

It’s hard. I’m still working at it. But it can be done.

I do it because with any close situation I don’t wanna just see my Target, I wanna see around it. I always do both eyes open with pistols. If anything ever happened and I’m faced with a situation I wanna see the little kid at 11 oclock. Drawing and aiming with one eye your more likly to miss something like that.

As far as scopes I have no use for beo. I only wanna see what’s in the scope. I havnt worked enough with my aimpoint but id like to shoot that beo.

North American Arms Pug.
.22 Magnum.
So small lol.

Holy shit someone besides me knows about that ^^!! On my list once I get my permit. Wanna convert it to lr I think tho…

It’s a cool gun. It has some snap to it, stings the palm of your hand lol. My dad was looking at them for a while so my last visit to the gun shop I saw one in the case and bought it for him lol.

Hows your accuracy with the iron sights. I’m to the point where I can more or less sight in on what I want to hit with my EOTECH holographic, but I can’t seem to hold a decent picture with the iron sights on my other AR. Still waiting on my pistol permit to come back.

Def not as good as id like to. It’s like anything else. More practice better results.

My vison sucks ass with sights due to my out of date prescription for anything precision related. But as they say with sights, still good enough to put rounds on a people-sized target at sub 300yds :lol

Got nearly 900 rounds for the Mosin now.

Maybe I’ll actually go shooting once or twice this year :lol

I just picked up these this weekend. I also bought my son the “Chipmunk,” which is a child’s .22lr made by Keystone sporting arms. I can’t wait to get a range day and send some rounds!

Romanian GP-WASR 10/63 7.62x39

Bushmaster XM15 E2S 5.56/.223