The Official Hunting Thread

Just dropped my bow off at the shop. Getting a new cable, upgrading the sights, all new arrows/heads, etc. 18 more days…

Can’t freaking wait…

nice man i have a bow but never hunted with it…well ive shot at things but never hit anything lolz, its all busted up now from riding in my trunk :lol

i can vouch for this. Jon got schooled by a certain someone who’s never shot a bow, ON HIS OWN BOW AT HIS OWN HOUSE. LOL

FFFUUUU, what can i say your a quick learner…:asshole

ROFL

Yea I am big into bowhunting. There is just another element involved that you can’t get with rifle. During the summers I do a lot of competition shooting if any of you guys are interested, we can plan days next year to practice.

we usually do claybird shooting at my house in the summer, its bundles of fun

Ah that means its time to start wearing bright colors and attaching a bell to my bike while riding!

Glue antlers on your helmet and a small white flag on the back of your seat. You’ll be fine than.

bump

just got back from what was supposed to be coyote hunting…but seemed more like mountain lion hunting, or should i say being hunted…needless to say we went out for a few hours with a distress call and a can of tuna in the middle of an opening, and we could hear multiple things coming in but couldnt see shit (our red spotlight died) i was hunting with my 3030 and my buddy had his semi-auto 12ga. We were up near thatcher park where there is an overpopulation of mountain lions, including a black one that was spotted a few weeks back, and a regular one spotted earlier in the day today! soooo the lesson i learned today was, you dont feel so safe with a gun when you cant see whats coming at you…

lions? f that. i would have a uzi/12g/ak with me at all time.

F u wildlife!!

lol, i had my 3030 lever action and my big buck knife for close range, we were way out in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain, shits scary as fuck in the dark!

WTF do you do with a mountain lion if you shoot one? Sell it to a chinese restaurant?

skin it and put it on my wall?

What the fuck?

:rofl

Paul you run like a little bitch bc theres more then one around! f that.

I am sorry but there are not ANY mountain lions in NYS, much less a breeding population. I have spent countless hours hunting, morning till night, all over NYS and I have litterally seen EVERY single animal this state has to offer. NEVER have I seen myself, or someone with valid proof of mountain lions in NYS.

What we do have, that are commonly mistaken for mountain lions, are large bobcats, and fishers. The fisher is most commonly mistaken for a mountian lion and not coincidentally, have a large population where you were just predator hunting. They have very long, cat like tails, and range from black, brown and blonde in color.

twas a joke.

Sit down

negative, we have bobcats and mountain lions, try hunting up near camp pinnacle near thatcher park, they eat the horses up there. Our old church pastor up there has seen several mountain lions and he knows the difference between a lion and a bobcat since hes always reading up and studying them.

even in duanesburg about 8-9 years ago they(dec) released a few mountain lions a few miles from my house, this statement was confirmed by a DEC officer…our neighbors saw them several times.