The Official Hunting Thread

My friends grandmother said she saw one around her house a while back and she lives on route 20 in Princetown.

pwned.

True that, I heard that a few years ago on Schoharie turnpike people found a dead deer about 10 feet up in a tree. FUCKING AWESOME.

Not quite.

What else does NY have living in this state that is capable of killing horses and climbing trees? BEARS.

I swear everyone who says there are mountain lions in NY KNOWS there are because of what someone else told them. Please, find me proof of their existence in NYS. A picture, with an article showing the picture or cat itself was confirmed by DEC as being in NY. I guarantee you, that you will not find one from the last 50-75 years. Mountain lions went extinct in the state over 100 years ago, and there are no more in the state.

And here is how I know you are wrong about DEC releasing a group of them onto public land. If they did that, the mountain lion would be a protected species in NYS, on the endangered species list for NYS, and there would be laws against killing them in NYS. None of that exists, therefore DEC will not CONFRIM the existance of mountain lions.

I didnt know black bears kill horses?!?!?! and yes there are black bears up where i was hunting, and im positive there arent any grizzleys.

I’ll get you a picture of a dead mountain lion with me kneeling next to it. Just because you havent seen one doesnt mean they dont exist.

Right.

But because the NYS DEC literally denies their existence and the only people who know they exist are the ones who “know someone” who definitely saw one, I choose to believe they do NOT exist in NYS.

Again, if they do exist in NYS with such popularity as you have shown, it should not be to hard to find a article or other evidence, supported by NYS, stating the existence of Mountain Lions.

do you believe everything NYS says? im not going to search for an article, id rather go out and shoot one.

Ok you do that. But it won’t happen so you won’t see me waiting around for it.

10-4

OMG the DEC knows everything!

Let’s shoot one Jon!

no way i’m going to be able to get a license by sat :frowning:

I hunt on Hamilton Hill in schenectady lol

Kidding.

u wont do it

ape hunting FTW:rofl

:rofl :rofl !!!

fucking acorns!

:rofl

BTW, i went out to my car this morning to leave for work and there was a fucking doe in my driveway.

lol! i think you need to buy a house where you can shoot out the kitchen window and not kill anyone

Back on-topic.

Here are my success shots so far from this year. Both taken during the southern zone archery season on my property.

Using a Jennings Buckmaster Compound set at 65lbs with Beaman 400 series ICS carbon arrows, tipped with the new Rage 2 broadhead.

I shot this doe, opening day at 15 yards.

This rage broadhead is absolutely LETHAL. Here is the blood trail from this doe.

And I just got this big guy last night. Last day I am able to hunt archery before the rifle opener. 165lb, 7 point. Shot was taken at 23 yards.