Deer season opening day...check in

I went out this morning and mid afternoon and saw a few deer…one legal buck but couldnt get a shot. not sure if i wanted to or not anyway as it wasnt a real big deer. i’m more of a trophy hunter now lol

missed the afternoon hunt cuz i had a night class…and boy did i miss out. my dad was in my stand and saw 4 more bucks, which 2 were really big and very legal haha

just seein how everyone did today. i guess alot of ppl would still be at a camp or something

i saw 38 deer. 6 were buck. 2 legal 8’s( to small for me they were only about 15" wide) a big spike a small 4 point, a 3 point and a mack daddy he had a huge white rack. i could see it plan as day at 400yds i didn’t get to count points since i only seen him for a few seconds, but he would be roughly a 10 point with 20" spread and 10-12" g1’s . i only got to crack of a quick shot at him at about 400 yds. he was trotting along. i missed. i left him alone i’ll go after him tommorow.

also found one someone tried to poach. shot in the neck about 2 weeks ago. it was a decent 10 about 18" wide

i have a camera phone pic of it, and also a short vid of the 3 points

I forgot it was even the opener lol

I saw about 14 deer, three buck. 1 spike, 1 6 point, and one that I am pretty sure was legal cause it looked pretty big but it was about 8-900 yards away so no shot at it.

So no shots at legal deer and now I have to go back to virginia. I guess I will have to get a virginia license and try and shoot their mini deer.

On a side note I was hunting on my own property and about 20 minutes before sunrise I hear what sounds like a tone of a cellphone beep. there is some guy climbing into a treestand like 30 yards from where I have hunted every year opening morning for the last probably 10 years. So anyways, it seems like there were even more hunters in the woods than years before, I had at least 6 guys come within 25 yards of where I was at either walking through the woods or riding on atvs.

yeah i have noticed more hunters in some of the areas i used to hunt

where you guys hunting at that you can see deer at 400-900 yards? i’m guessin some farmland fields. lol i’m in some thick woods…150yards max.

I want some meat, but own no gun or license…
if you were to “accidently” smack one with a car would it be fair game?

remember where we messed around going to prp? the fields to the left after the red light is where i hunt. i sit right in the middle

oh ok. that is a nice area. i used to hunt the oposite side up in that wood lot and those farm fields

Jerkey :x:

I went out yesterday morning, saw only 6… and one 6pt buck, but he wasnt legal… I didnt bother shooting any doe 1st day. I am going to get a few doe tag this year and get as much jereky as possible!

Well today was a big day for me…I woke up extra early to wipe on deer pee then I got all my gadgets and gizmo’s out in case the scent I reaked of wasn’t enough to encourage a deer into my territory. Well now its 10:30 and I have done shot 3 wild n’ crazy buckeroo’s …

okay JK I’m at work and never did hunt for any poor deer, BUT I would be up for DEER JERKY if you boys get any!!! YUMMY…sorry to hijack the thread btw!!

Good luck!

Deer Jereky… Im getting as much as I can possibly get made this year!!!

Im not sure if any of you know who Ray Rathway is, but he lives near Perryopolis, kind of by my house. Well behind his house he shot a fucking 18 point yesterday!!! It was on the news last night if any of you seen it.

Reclaimed strip mines, in the hills right near the river. you can see a long ways from hillside to hillside.

are you sure they were all new deer and not the same ones over and over? doesn’t that sound like a lot?

no, almost any night if you have a spotlight you will see 30-40 deer in this field.

i only seen 13 today one was legal size but not big enough for me. there isn’t enough hunters out in my area moving them.

i only seen 13 today one was legal size but not big enough for me. there isn’t enough hunters out in my area moving them

i wouldnt mind doin some walk stalkin and long range sniping

i saw 12 deer and 2 were bucks…one was a 5 point and the pther was a 4 point…i would have shot one but they looked pewney and the size of my dog so i just let them go…my step dad got a descent 8 point though

Here is a link to that 18 point that I was talking about earlier, it was really close to my house.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10414530/detail.html#

if anyone makes jerky could i buy some?

went to amswells dee slaying farm! ha

seen a bunch of doa some big bucks

wired no real shots around deer where holding tight…

cracked one shot about 250 full sprint and hoping about 7 feet in the air!!

wo buck followed one stopped broadside and staring right at us but was only 4 point!

hoping the colder weather will help