The "Oil Prices" thread.

If you use iGoogle (make a google account and customize your home page) make sure you add the “Energy News Today” RSS feed. It’s cool because it gives a constantly updated oil price, but the pest part is that it’s from “www.peakoil.com” and ALL of the headlines are “OMG THE SKY IS FALLING” type of news blurbs. All of the doomsday headlines are really entertaining. Right now it’s:

The era of cheap energy is over

The Gospel of Consumption

Gas price break may not last

Light, sweet crude for May delivery rose to a trading record of $120.21 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Actually I am right at one of the oil fields and they try to blow it up all the time. They got it good once and started it on fire it was super badass. Well badass for m watching from a rooftop not so badass for the Iraqi police that were guarding it.

$121.49 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange on Tuesday

Want to stabilize oil prices? Require anyone purchasing an oil contract to accept delivery of that oil.

Overnight you’d see all these asshole investors trying to profit off any bad news out of the oil market and oil prices would return to simply supply and demand pricing, instead of speculative pricing.

ooh, i never thought of that. i like that idea.

No we should all just start trading oil and use to profits to cover the difference and then some. Too bad once I am back in the states i wont be around computers during the day.

Hahahha… Did they set any oil fields on fire on Earth Day?

NO! :frowning:

It’s raining…oil?

man I would not want taht shit landing on me

Yeah that may put a slight damper on your day.

" Its soooo hot…I wish it would rain and cool us off"
“hey look…rain…OH GOD IT BURNS!”

Agreed,

It would not be the cure-all, but it would keep out the hedge funds that use the oil contracts to hedge the falling dollar.

No, definitely not a cure all, but it would prevent oil from jumping $10 every time someone in the middle east farts and CNN runs a story about it.

lol…its funny cuz its true pretty much.

Crude futures closed at an all-time settlement high of $123.53 a barrel Wednesday.

in auctioneer voice 125,125,125,125…125 do i hear 125 anyone?

:loopie:

Oil nears $126 a barrel
Crude prices surge to new record, supported by weakening dollar, supply concerns.

3 hour later EDIT: Oil rose above $126 a barrel for the first time Friday, bringing its advance this week to nearly $10, as investors questioned whether a possible confrontation between the U.S. and Venezuela could cut exports from the OPEC member

:mad:

Im not going to lie oil is winning this battle. It is crushing the $ so bad i just had to cut loose some financials that are being tanked right now. :frowning:

Oil crosses $129 for first time, heads for $130

Oil is going to be next year’s housing bubble if the fed doesn’t step in and regulate how oil contracts can be purchased.

Watching the overvaluation of oil by speculators brings back real bad memories of exactly what lead to the housing market crash. Eventually that oil bubble is going to pop too if they keep running oil prices up with no supply/demand issues.