The "Oil Prices" thread.

Yeah but he was going to waterboard them in case they know anything about a-rabs, then let them go back to buying and selling oil contracts.

Think we’ll see $150 in July?

From the article…
“Fast-growing economies like China and India are consuming more and more oil. Meanwhile, it’s difficult for oil-producing countries to quickly ramp up output.”

Let’s keep ignoring the 900 lb panda in the room while we keep arguing about other distractions like the war in Iraq.:bloated:
It is easier for the media to make Bush look bad by talking about the war.
If they actually talked about the 900 lb Panda in the room it might make congress look bad(too) and that is not what the media’s goal is.

One report vs many. Like most CNN articles, the meat is at the very end.

However, several respected analysts testified before Congress last week and argued that investor money at least in part raises the price.

Even analysts who concede the laws of supply and demand are the most significant say that speculation can make price swings more volatile - and that’s what’s going on now, they say.

“The fundamentals have been fairly firm, but speculation exacerbates the trends,” said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst with the Oil Price Information Service. “More and more money is going into buy-and-hold contracts that simply buy and roll into the next month.”

If speculators simply buy and hold oil contracts, then they are not reflecting the current supply and demand.

:ohyeah:

its already $143 today and we got 30 more days to go, plus with the “growing tensions of Iran” :ohnoes: :roll2:

heres a good one we heard today in commanders call… we had a Lt. General from HQ Air Force Material Command (the command that buys all the… materials, for the air force) come in and speak to us today. we found out that every time a barrel of oil raises 10 dollars, it costs the air force 600 million dollars :slight_smile:

So oil’s rise from $60/barrel to $140/barrel has cost the air force 4.8 billion dollars.

Holy Fawk.

yeah… kinda scary huh…

you gotta figure how much fuel training squadrons use, then you have mission training, actual missions… every time the president flys on air force one for some… well whatever he does… it all adds up

what does everyone think will happen to combustion engines when i reaches 6 or 7 or even 8 bucks. do u think half the people on here will keep thier “fast” car or anything?? i like my car i dont want to ride a moped or anything lol. but its becoming scary. and its not going to go down EVER!!!

eh, I ride a moped and its not so bad. Just drive your fast car on nice days or get a better job?

I’ve spent time in a few countries where gas is $6-$9/gallon. Uruguay is the first one that comes to mind. All the cars are the size of Toyota Yaris’s. The cars just get smaller, that’s all. I saw one VW Bora (Jetta) in Uruguay and it stood out in traffic because it was so large.

Americans, myself included, are absolutely spoiled by unnecessary luxuries like large vehicles used primarily for commuting.

lol surprise surprise not a hybrid to be found in Uruguay, the anomoly for the rich that they are…

Oil closes in on $146 per barrel after drop in US stockpiles and potential Iran conflict

$145.85 a barrel

Fuck. It had been stable at $135 for a long time. Looks like it’ll tag $150 soon. Do I hear $155? $160? $175? $200? :ohnoes:

looks like the US is already giving warnings out…

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-iran-us_madhani_03jul03,0,3842583.story

oh and i think i will fill up tonight even though i dont need to, holiday weekend…

i wana see $200

without question Iran is getting bombed. :shithitfan:

i want to see this end before this country ends up in a depression. I am trying to start a career and I really don’t need the economy collapsing on me while I am trying to make money.

I saw we blow them all to fucking hell and take over the world. Fuck’em…but leave china…that is a democrat’s dream…billions of poor people.

Have you ever thought of running for public office?

lol