The "Oil Prices" thread.

:zong:

Time Shift =! Conservation

what if we all gas-and-go for a day?

was there something 2 years ago about this…

do you think once it gets to 4.50gal people will start stealing more… like nail threw gastank into jug and go

No, seriously. It’ll send them a message.

I dont know the answer but i will tell you that fuel is used in abbundance over here for sure. I spilled 5 gallons the other day and didnt even flinch lol. HATE IT MOTHA FAPPERS!!!

Whats teh difference anyway, Gas is not going to go back to what it used to be. I remember when I started to deliver pizza 10 years ago gas was 1.03, its never gonna go down.

Time to invest in a good syphen.

I can’t wait til it hits $5/gallon so I can laugh at all the people that still think its not worth it to buy a car that is more fuel efficient

Worth it is a relative term… per person.

My Expedition is almost paid off, and will be before we hit $5/gal. It gets 12mpg and will likely last at least 2 years after being paid off with only minor repairs. If I trade it in for something with better MPG the best I’m going to get is about 18mpg because I still need a vehicle that will seat 5 and tow my boat. We drive it about 10k a year.

10000 miles / 12 = 833 gallons of fuel.
10000 miles / 18 = 555 gallons of fuel.

833 * 5 = $4165 a year in gas.
555 * 5 = $2775 a year in gas.
= $1390 a year more in gas @ $5 a gallon.
= 115.83 a month I’d save, but now I’d have a $300-400 a month car payment.

Yeah, I’m going to trade my truck in to save money on gas. :bloated:

Meh dont be poor and just have two cars.

^you drive less than 200 miles a week that pretty low.
In your case you actually need a truck to tow your boat.

I know so many people that drive Suvs to haul the kids around that get 15/16mpg. If they sold their SUVs and bought accords or camrys that get 29mpg they would save a lot. But this is America where people don’t save.

These are also the people that bitch about gas price to me.

I have two cars. The GTO gets 15mpg (all in town), and requires premium. :lol:

What im getting at really is its just a personal choice. Man you need a tune or you just drive like an ass lol my 242/248 .6xx lift cammed z28 gets 14 city 24+hwy.

I’ve put <10k on the car and have corded:
The original BFG’s
A set of Hankook RS2’s
And a set of Wintersport M3’s.

Yeah… It’s not the car’s fault. I took an 800 mile road trip with it last month, mixed highways and rural roads, and averaged 23mpg.

HAHAHA Thats ballin!

Diesel may be paying $4.29 right now but they DO have the choice of biodiesel, I almost got my hands on a TDI Jetta last month

give me a call and i can hook you up with a sick green auto jetta tdi…

pm if intrested… =)

what are gas prices over there?