The "Oil Prices" thread.

When my friend was over there in Iraq he said it’s like .05/gal and usually takes like 6 hours to fill up due to mile long lines.

so glad i bought tuning software. spent 550 total upfront but have probably saved around 2-300 on gas in the last year. Before i was getting 17-18mpg, around 25 highway. Now i get around 23-25mpg, easily 30+ highway.

i hate this shit… i went from being on top of my truck to being buried within a week… you wouldnt believe the massive depreciation on something like my truck or jay’s when the gas starts going up… BB on my truck is 20k, i owe 15… during the past week i cant find ANY dealer that will give me over 14 for it… most will offer 12

its listed in private party sales, so well see, im taking a hit even there, but at least it wont be sold for less than what i owe

and yes i HAVE to sell it… i figured it actually costs me around 2.5-3 gallsons of gas to get me a round trip to work, and i dont drive crazy anymore cause of it

Not even sure t be honest but its not much. Lots of people get it for free actually haha they just have to show id and sign a paper.

QFT

Yea mine was incredible especially city driving it went from 8ish to 14ish. Highway is pretty good too went from about 16 to around 24. Oh an 42rwhp cant forget about that.

Are you living that close to your means that the rising price is actually causing you to be broke? If so then you should have a cheaper vehicle anyhow IMO. But i do see why you would also want a more fuel friendly vehicle.

Makes me miss my old Sentra. Just because I can afford to spend $50 going to Rochester doesn’t mean that I like doing it.

Buffalo is #7 on the list:
http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/103987/Most-Expensive-Places-to-Buy-Gas-in-the-U.S.

Thats why I got rid of the trailblazer. I wasn’t hauling enough people to justify the expense. I could’ve kept it, but the overall cost wasn’t worth it. I used it more for towing / piling things into the back with the seats down…

So i bought the ranger. Milage isn’t a whole lot better, but at least I’m not hauling around an extra 1000 lbs of steel, seats, carpet, etc.

Maybe I’ll clean out my wife’s car on Friday. The Protege gets ~30 highway. But she does home therapy with pre-k kids for a living so it’s full of toys. Meanwhile I’m OCD with keeping the car clean and empty so driving with tons of toys rattling and making sound effects drives me nuts.

weight reduction!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/13/markets/markets_wrap/index.htm?postversion=2008031317

Says the end of the mortgage writedowns is in sight. Could get interesting next week.

no not at all… im not broke by any means… but if i spend 350 bucks a month in gas, but could only spend 200, i could easily be pocketing the savings, in essence have either more play money, but more importantly, more SAVINGS money… the rise of oil prices is already driving the costs of everything up right now… i dont want to have to spend 3k bucks to fly home to see my family during the holidays

[quote=cougarspeed;868500]

Yea mine was incredible especially city driving it went from 8ish to 14ish. Highway is pretty good too went from about 16 to around 24. Oh an 42rwhp cant forget about that.

quote]

yes and more power is nice.

have boost limited in the winter though so i get zee traction…somewhat.

3k bucks for a flight? where do they live? antarctica?
and everyone’s been through this. Unless you get <5 MPG or drive 50k miles a year, it doesn’t make sense to trade vehicles for gas mileage unless you were going to trade within 6 months anyway.

I care more about everything else going up in price because of this, rather than gasoline for my vehicles.

nah just a being a lil fecicious…

my thing is, i only plan on buying a car thats as much as i owe on my truck… its not cost effective to buy a brand new car to save gas

the people that will dump their car/truck with 10k dollars left on it just to spend 30 on a prius is retarded, you have to use your head

so as long as i stay within those parameters, which i will be, it is a very good decision for myself.

I figured this is what you were saying and it is a good decision if you dont really need the truck.

I just got hit with a $300 fuel surcharge on a shipment!
A surcharge is supposed to cover the increase/difference not the entire amount used.
This is getting crazy.

damn, thats nuts.

how large was the shipment?

pass it on to the customer, thats what the big firms do :frowning: