The other elections.

https://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/vote

Punch in your address and find out who else you are voting on tomorrow.

Good call. I actually know who I’m voting for on all the local stuff. Which , IMHO, is all that really matter for us WNYers.

Pretty cool, although I still won’t vote and don’t give a shit.

As long as you never bitch about who’s in office or what happens. I won’t give a shit that you don’t give a shit.

Nope I try and avoid politics at all costs. It literally, yes literally drives me nuts. I will disagree with some of the policies that <elected official> puts in place, but you’re going to do that no matter what.

:tup: there are a lot of uncontested seats in my district. Maybe I should run for office.

I’d love to run for office and treat government like a business, but I’d probably get killed.

Do it, you won’t

I was thinking the same. lol

Interestingly enough my American Rifleman (NRA) magazine arrived and it says I should vote for Kathy Hochul. I guess I haven’t followed our local people enough.

wtf this isn’t working for me at all. Punched in the location for voting and it says it can’t find the information. I also can’t get the NYS website to load, not sure if it is the work Internet or their site?

You have to put in an address of a registered voter.

I’ve still got to figure out all of the local stuff.

I’ve legally lived in Ontario NY (20 miles east of Rochester), West Seneca, Tonawanda, and Grand Island. Thanks to the redistricting this is the first time in my life (or at least since I was really young) that Louise Slaughter isn’t my congresswoman. Weird ass district that was.

Higgins is alright. Anybody know anything about this Mike Madigan dude?

I met Higgins at a fundraiser at The Davidson House the other day. Real nice guy. I told him I didn’t follow politics and only knew who he was cause gf made me google him before we went. He laughed and said that might not be a bad thing.

Teabagger from Grand Island. Worked on the Paladino campaign. Running on the typical anti-abortion, cut spending and taxes nonsense. Says Higgins focuses too much on the waterfront and local issues and not enough on national politics. Has no chance in hell in that district. They took all the Democrats out of Kathy Hochul’s district and moved them into there. Only reason Collins has a shot against her.

Edit: Dammit, to the graveyard we go. We’ll be lucky to get 2 posts tomorrow.

lol this stupid forum took all the fun out of the 2012 elections.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Oh well, hopefully I helped a few people figure out their local elections before this thing got moved to the abyss. Such a shame.

I just heard one ad where Amadeo(?) basically said if you make minimum wage and vote for me you make an extra $2600.00. Talk about buying votes.lol

Looks like Gillibrand is getting herself another term. I just cruised through the other candidates. Wendy Long is the republican challenger, and a total empty bag of right wing rhetoric. Impressive bio, but her policy stances seem to be nothing more than Reagan Reagan Reagan OMG Reagan!

The libertarian candidate actually seems to have half a brain, but he’s a damn dirty hippy (yeah yeah libertarian par for the course.) The green party can suck my tailpipe and the independent candidate (common sense party) seems decent wanting to cut foreign aide and jail the banksters, but his campaign is half baked and you can tell he’s not really interested. I’ll probably still vote for the Libertarian (Chris Edes) but it’ll be another 6 years of Gilibrand, which is OK.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Woah, looking at Higgins vs Madigan now. On Education, one of the things Madigan is proposing to help schools perform better is parental education classes. That’s the first time I’ve heard of a politician recognizing the need to engage shitty parents. +1 for him.

Reading on now… Lots of rhetoric :tdown:, balanced budget ammendment :tif:, he’s kind of saying to ditch that stupid fucking mandated ethanol production :tup:, sounds like the party line on national security :tdown:, anti gun control :tup:

Higgins seems pretty empty too. His “Issues” section on his website doesn’t really have any content.

I may not vote for rep. I have a hard time endorsing either candidate.

Ah, his website still says 27th district and has the old map. Sorry Brian, you’re running for Niagara Falls and Grand Island now, and Jamestown is gone. And Kathy Hochul still says 26th district on her website, but is that the old 26th district? WTF? Joe help!

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Scratch that. Thank you WIVB for linking me to a sample ballot.

http://elections.erie.gov/SampleBallot.aspx?eid=154&PrecinctID=677

Higgins vs Madigan it is. I don’t think I’m going to vote. They both suck.

Parental education?!? I send my kid to the govt everyday so they can her!!!

My kid voted in school yesterday and Gary Johnson was not on the ballot.

What about county Comptroller? Do any of those candidates not suck? Without knowing anything about them I’m thinking a republican might make sense to check Poloncarz’s spending.

Of course, politicians who can work together might be such a crazy idea it could work. One’s a local humper who worked for the news for years, then had a bunch of cushy looking government jobs and now has a public relations business. Someone who’s been doing public relations for the government for most of his life doesn’t sound too qualified for an accounting job. The incumbant David Shenk was doing the same shit as town clerk for Boston for 20 years, and serves in the army. Much better qualified. OK that’s done.