The Pittsburgh Kid's 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood

Its a 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood. 53,xxx original miles, garage kept, very clean already. I bought it back in 2007 but it had to sit in my garage untouched for a year becuase I was sorta tight on money. Now it has

-All stainless steel exhaust from the headers back
-New stainless brake and fuel lines

Not to sure if there is many Cadillac people on the site (I havnt noticed any yet) but the engine needs rebuilt and I wanted to know if something a little bit bigger would bolt in without too much modifications (currently has the 4.1 Liter V-8) because im semi-annoyed at the 55-60 MPH top speed it produces now. Im not looking into making this this fast or even that much faster I just wanted to be able to keep up with traffic on the Parkway. No pictures as of now but i’ll post them as soon as I find the cord to my camera. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

welcome, i’ve always loved the big caddys.

sorry bro i dont even know you, how the hell am I going to help you find your fucking camera cord?

:rofl::rofl:

sounds like an Ls1 swap is in order!!!

Welcome . I also have a Fleetwood. From my understanding the frame under our cars is the same one that was used under Chevy Caprice / Impalas so the holes for smallblock Chevy mounts should be there . Me I want to put a 403 in my someday.

JCSCaddy has a CTS

Pretty much any V8 engine produced by General Motors will fit in that chassis. I vote 472/501 Cadillac power. Big Block Chevy will fit, too.

Ya 472 / 501 but in my case I already have an Olds motor so swapping in the 403 should be dirrect bolt

Probably just thinking a 305 or maybe a 350.

Look into an LT1/700R4 (4L60). Be a nice running car with that combo.

305/350 SBC was available in the 88-89 fleetwood. Basically the same car as yours. Should be an easy swap.

350 lt1 was avalible in the 90 / 91 fleetwoods not the 89 . 307 olds was the boat anchor of choice

LT1 wasn’t available until '94

I’m pretty certain that the last of the square Caddy’s had SBC’s in them. I think 1990 was the Shamu looking Fleetwood.

Just about every 89 fleetwood I have seen had the 307 anchor . I could be wrong though . But I do know that the 90 and 91s had the sbc . These were the ones with the encapsilized ( spelling sorry ) headlights

That’s the ones I meant. They are still the square body style. The Shamu looking ones must be '92 & up.

Big body Caddys FTW. I was gonna buy this one guys '86 Fleetwood… Ended up getting an '89 Deville because he sold it… lol. But I’m definitely gonna get one someday… Probably a coupe… Regardless, sounds VERY sweet… Post some pics of that shiznit…